27

loml💘💘
5:09pm

wyd rn?

just finishing up at work

wanna go out for dinner? we need to talk

yeah sure

pick you up in 10

got it

––––

third person.

After arriving at Ethan's studio, Zach's car came to a stop as he grabbed his phone, letting his girlfriend know he was outside ready to take her out for dinner.

The boy felt like he had a knot in his stomach, nervous to speak to her after their small argument the other night, knowing that he'd have to confront her and potentially upset her more than he already had.

A couple minutes after sending the text, Serenity eventually left the building and got into the passenger side of Zach's car, putting on the seatbelt as she looked over at him, "Hi."

"Hey, where do you want to go for dinner?" He asked as she shrugged.

"You can pick, I really don't mind." She told him as he nodded, beginning to make the drive to the nearest restaurant as they sat in silence for the first couple of minutes, both of them nervous to speak up about it.

"I'm sorry," Serenity spoke up, "I should've realised what I was doing when I was hanging with his friends. I didn't know it was upsetting you at all, you just never mentioned that to me so I figured it would've been okay."

"I didn't say it upset me because I knew that your old relationship was controlling, I didn't want to make it seem like I was doing that at all." Zach replied, keeping his eyes on the road, "Plus I was kind of happy that you were making new friends, I liked that you were coming out of your shell."

"But it upset you that it was Ethan's friends." Serenity said as he slowly nodded, letting out a sigh, "I'm also sorry about what I said to do with Maddy, I wasn't really thinking when I said that, I was just hurt by what you were saying that it slipped out."

"I regretted it as soon as I left to go to Jack's." She continued, "And i'm also sorry for not believing you when you were talking about him complimenting me to you, it was wrong of me to not believe you when you're my boyfriend."

"I figured you were just trying to defend him." He said as she slowly nodded, the boy pulling into the parking lot as he turned off the car, wanting to finish their current conversation so that they could go into the restaurant forgetting about it.

"Yeah, but I kind of realised I shouldn't defend him because all I'm supposed to be doing is working with him," She explained, turning to face him as he nodded, "I'm not going to hang out with his friends anymore if you don't want me to."

Zach shrugged, looking at the rings on his fingers, "It just kind of makes me uncomfortable since what he said to me, I just don't want something to happen and then you not tell me. That's not saying I don't trust you, I just don't trust him."

"I get that," the girl nodded, "I spoke to him and explained that me and him should only see each other for work purposes before I came to your car, so he understands that."

"Ok," Zach nodded, a small smile on his face as he instantly went to hide it, "I'm sorry for overreacting-"

"You didn't overreact, I would've reacted the same." Serenity told him, "I'm glad you spoke to me about it I just would've preferred it if you did it in a more mature way, not through an argument."

"Yeah no, I get that." He said, shaking his head, "I was just upset and I let my emotions take over me, I was going to say something eventually, I didn't mean to do it then, I'm sorry about everything I said."

"No I understand, I cleared everything up with Ethan and so he knows not to invite me anywhere and if he does, I won't accept it." Serenity told Zach as they both made eye contact, Zach giving her a nod and a small smile.

"Thank you," He said as she nodded, placing a kiss on his cheek, "Also you need to reply to Treasure, apparently you left her on read earlier today."

"Oh shit I did!" Serenity's mouth dropped open as she quickly grabbed her phone, "My phone died half way through texting her and then I just got carried away with working."

"Just let her know," Zach let out a small laugh, getting out of the car as Serenity did the same, the boy walking around to her side as he closed the door for her before wrapping his arm around her, watching Serenity frantically type back to Treasure before sliding her phone back in her pocket.

"So we're all good? Is there anything you're worried about?" Serenity asked, looking up at Zach as he shook his head.

"We're all good." He smiled, giving her a kiss before they walked into the restaurant. 

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

let's stan them for being mature abt it

also new book like rn