43

my boy🦋💘
3:09pm

hey

hi baby

can we talk?

yeah i'll call u in two minutes let
me just head to my hotel room

can we facetime instead?

of course

gimme two mins

ok

––––

third person.

Answering Zach's facetime call only a couple minutes after she sent her text, the girl put her phone up against the wall she was sat by, a paintbrush in one hand and a small canvas laying flat down on the table with a single dim light just above her.

Zach was silent for the first few seconds, glancing around the room before he picked up what he was looking for, standing his phone up against something before looking at his phone, "Sorry my hairs messy right now."

Shaking her head, she let out a small laugh before shrugging, "I don't care about how messy it is. Can we talk about... us?"

The boy soon paused before he slowly nodded, a slightly worried look on his face as he ran his fingers through his hair, "Do you want to break up? Is that what this is for?"

"No but we do still need to talk about everything," Serenity said, placing her paintbrush down and grabbing her cup of coffee.

"Right.. yeah we do," Zach nodded, letting out a sigh as he looked in the mirror while desperately trying to fix his hair for the show he had in about 20 minutes.

The girl nodded as they fell back into a uncomfortable silence, unsure of how to say her next sentence without sounding hurt or annoying to the boy, which didn't seem to be bothered by what he had said a few days ago.

"I didn't mean what I said by the way," Zach spoke up, grabbing a can of hairspray to keep his hair in place, "I was just in a bad mood and took it out on you, I didn't mean to say that."

"You are already the perfect girlfriend, please don't try change anything because of what I said, I promise I didn't mean it," he continued before turning to face his phone screen, noticing that Serenity's face was almost expressionless, "Is everything ok?"

"I just-" The girl soon stopped herself as her voice cracked slightly, shrugging before wiping one of her eyes then continuing, "I'm just stressed."

"There's definitely more than just stress," Zach said, "You're upset."

"I let everyone down," she said, scratching the back of her neck, "I put myself in this position and I don't know if I can fix it."

"I spoke to Darcie today and she talked me through a lot of stuff," Serenity said as Zach nodded, buttoning up his shirt, "I think what we didn't have for each other was time and we used to always have that."

"Time?" Zach asked as she nodded, "Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. I got jealous because you were always with other people and had no time for me."