38

third person.

Opening her eyes to the sun beaming through the window of their apartment, Serenity let out a sigh before putting her hand to her forehead, waking up with a throbbing head pain as she squeezed her eyes shut.

Zach's arm was draped across the girls stomach, the gap in between them being occupied by Oreo, who had already been purring before the girl woke up, happy with the spot he put himself in.

Rolling over to face the boy who was still fast asleep, no expression on his face as his mouth was opened ever so slightly and there was a slight crease in between his eyebrows, Serenity let out another sigh before one of her eyes played with the ends of his hair.

More than anything else the girl was feeling, guilt still seemed to remain in the front of her mind, reminding her of everything she had done leading up to this point.

Not knowing if the boy had fully forgiven her or if it was said out of sympathy the night before and not knowing if their friend group would realise it was the stress that caused her emotions, not because she had met a group of new people.

She was a still full of anxiety, not fully calming down from the previous night despite how much of an effort Zach had put in to make her feel a little more at ease than anything.

But most importantly she wasn't sure where her relationship stood, whether they were still on a break and trying to work things out or whether they were back to normal, ignoring the amount of things they still had to sit and talk about.

"Stop staring at me." Zach mumbled, his eyes still closed shut as he let out a small yawn.

The girl shrugged slightly, moving her hand away from his hand before Zach frowned, "You're nice to look at."

"Ew, no." He shook his head, stretching slightly before he got up slightly and rested his elbows down on the mattress, opening his eyes and looking at her, "Anyway, how are you feeling today? Any better?"

"No not really," she replied, sitting up before stroking the cat sleeping on the bed a few times, "But it's fine."

"Hm, well do you have anything to do today?"

"I don't think so, apart from grocery shopping," Serenity replied as she looked at him, the boy slowly nodding before getting up and grabbing a sweatshirt, "No don't get up I want to cuddle, I'm sad."

"I was going to suggest we shower and go get what we need together," he replied, "I'll buy you an oreo shake."

"Please," she said, holding her arms open and frowning as the boy let out a small laugh, a smile on his face before throwing his sweatshirt back on the floor and climbing back into the bed, wrapping his arms around the girls waist.

"Let's just be sad, cuddle and order some food in and then tomorrow we can try again, yes?" Zach suggested as the girl nodded.

"How come you're always the little spoon?" Serenity asked, "I want my hair to be played with."

"Fine," he huffed, shuffling over as he pulled the girl closer to him, her head resting on his chest before the boy played with the ends of her hair, a smile growing on her face as he did so, "I'm not comfy."

"Why?"

"Oreo is in the way of where I want to put my legs," Zach complained, shuffling over a bit more so that Oreo wasn't at their end of the bed before the boy properly laid down, his arms wrapping around the girl a little tighter, "I'm good now."

"You smell nice," Serenity mumbled as the boy furrowed his eyebrows but smiled slightly, the girls face buried into the crook of his neck.

"Your hair smells like strawberries," Zach replied, earning a nod from the girl, "We should go strawberry picking one day."

"Talk to meee, don't fall asleep." Zach continued after receiving no reply, placing multiple kisses on her face, "Renn- are those my sweatpants you're wearing?"

"You let me last night," she shrugged, "I feel asleep in them."

"Oh, ok ok." The boy nodded, letting out a small content sigh before his eyes began to close, "What are we right now, like are we on a break still or?"

"I mean personally I think we should finish talking about things before deciding anything but I'm confused on where we stand," he explained, "Like we better not be breaking up because that's unfair on you and I don't want to break up with you but if you think it's for the best then-"

"Zach," she interrupted the boy, "I have the same idea you have."

"Ok, we're on the same page good." He nodded, "Also I have a question."

"No-"

"Don't panic," he laughed slightly, gently rubbing her back with one hand as he kissed her forehead gently, "I just want to ask if you want to come see my family with me tomorrow, I'm not going to the studio."

"Why aren't you going to the studio?" Serenity asked, "Did something happen?"

"Yeah but I don't wanna tell you while you're sad but anyway, do you want to come?"

"Yes, yes I do." She nodded.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

small kinda cute filler chapter