32

third person.

The day after thanksgiving, the group spent it down at the beach to enjoy some time together for a couple more days before everyone headed back home to continue with working.

And after coming in from the beach at around 4pm, everyone was spread out around the house, most of them tired from the amount of exercise they had done that day.

Serenity went upstairs to shower while Zach stayed in the living area with Jack, scrolling through his Instagram before coming across a few posts that had the same screenshot in each of them.

As he read through one of the posts, confusion came over him when he saw the post was about his girlfriend, multiple theories of her potentially cheating on him.

To him the theories seemed like they could be true, most of them made complete sense and for him it was enough to believe, with one showing a photo of Serenity and Ethan side by side in a store together.

Letting out a sigh, the boy got up and headed upstairs to the room him and his girlfriend were staying in, walking in as Serenity was sat on the edge of the bed on her phone, "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah sure," she nodded, placing her phone down as Zach shut the down behind him, glancing around the room then looking at her, "Is everything ok?"

"Are you um- are you cheating on me?" He asked, tilting his head slightly as he watched the girl stare at him in disbelief.

"What?"

"I saw some posts on Instagram and one had a photo of you and Ethan together at a store so I just wanted to ask.." He shrugged, his voice kind of quiet as Serenity continued to have a distant stare towards him.

Instead of replying to what he said, she looked away from him and subtly wiped one of her eyes before shaking her head, "You think I'd cheat on you?"

"No I just-"

"If you don't think I would then you wouldn't believe everything you see about it," Serenity shrugged, looking back at him, "I literally- oh my god Zach."

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have assumed, it just sort of made sense," He said, holding his hands up, "The way you've been acting and all I just figured that maybe that was the case."

"Why didn't you talk to me about it?"

"Because I'm just tired of reminding you to love me," Zach shook his head, "I shouldn't have to speak to you every few days about it so you promise to do better, I don't want to keep reminding you of how to treat me."

"Zach you spoke to me once about it and I cut off the people who made you feel uncomfortable," Serenity said, standing up and placing her phone on the side table, "I can't cut off Ethan because I work with him."

"Why didn't you tell me how you were feeling?" She asked, a confused look on her face as he shrugged, looking at her.

"I just can't tell if you're happy with us or not." He said, scratching the back of his neck, "To be honest I didn't think you'd come to Florida with us."

"What?"

"You don't seem happy." He told her, "You come home in a bad mood, wake up in a bad mood but as soon as you're not around me you seem perfectly fine, I don't know what I've done."