Chapter 9 (Matt's Point of View)

Finally home. Today was damn long. I kept my things to their respective places and goes to the bathroom to take a shower. Tonight I still don't have any plan of going out, Colin was still in the office when I left. I take the shower and slip into an boxer and flop down on the couch. I lean my head on the backrest and closed my eyes. I miss Caitlin, after a long time we were spending time and this emergency has to arrive now. Then their is Rylee, she is my friend and like my sister, she is also gone and I don't know when they will return, even they themselves don't know. It's been 3 weeks now that they are gone.

Today Colin and Rylee was very funny, they teased each other over the phone, I couldn't help but laughed at their bickering. God those two are really similar, Colin just can't help but make fun of her. They seems to have got relaxed with each other while talking over the phone, given their last meeting. Colin seemed way more relaxed after having got the news that Rylee will be returning next month. Anyway, I know Colin will never betray her trust and that's the foremost reason I want them to be together. Colin was smiling more today, he was enjoying, it's rare to see him enjoy something other than playing on the stage. Rylee seems interested in Colin's concert or rather in Colin maybe, which is a good thing and Colin's face also lit up knowing Rylee is interested.
I think I should call Caitlin and make a plan with her. She can brainwash Rylee, since she tends to listen to Caitlin. I am snapped out of my thoughts when my phone suddenly rings, I picked it from the coffee table and see the called ID, it's Adam. I answered and he asked me, "Hey Buddy! I and Colin is meeting, wanna join?"
"Where are you meeting?" I ask. I literally don't wanna go out.
"Well at Starlight maybe." he says.
"How about you both come to my place?" I ask.
"Yeah great idea, let me ask Colin and I will text you." he says hanging up.
I sigh, thank goodness I don't have to go out. After few minutes Adam texts me that they are coming over, with pizza and beer. I told him great and called Caitlin. She picks up on the 3rd ring and says in a sweet and sensual voice.
"Hey Matty, what's up?"
"Hi Sweet baby. Busy?" I ask.
"No, I am just relaxing, how are you?" she asks
"I am fine. I am missing you." I say.
"Me too baby. I am sorry I had to left like that." she says
"No worries." I reassured her.
"So what's up?" she asks.
"I came back from the office and then got fresh when Adam called me. He and Colin were about to go to starlight and was asking me to so I suggested them to come at mine. They are on their way." I informed.
"What about you?" I ask.
"I was about to go to the shower." she says.
"Actually babe, I am thinking of something. I don't know if it is okay with you or not. I was about to ask you when you were here but I didn't got the chance actually I forgot also." I say.
"What is it? I also was about to ask you something." she says.
"It's about your brother Colin." I say
"Same Matt. We think so alike Matty. So what is it? " she says giggling. I chuckled.
"Well, what do you think Rylee and Colin together?" I ask nervous. Catlin remains silent for awhile then speak up.
"I was thinking about the same thing. They are so alike but again we are talking about Colin and Rylee here." she says.
"Yeah, your brother messed up on the first day only." I say. She chuckled and asked what happened, I explained and she burst out laughing.
"I haven't had talked with Rylee, I don't even remember the last time I had a conversation with her. She is too busy to talk now. She is in Portugal now, if I am not wrong. But one thing is for sure, Rylee liked my brother, I saw that in her eyes but she will not accept it or make the first move." she stated.
"Exactly. You see if you can talk to Rylee or I will do her head in when she comes back." I say laughing
"Yeah, yeah, okay Matt but you know she tends to closes herself a lot. What about Doris?" she questioned
"Yeah, biggest problem. If Colin even wants to get closer to Rylee, which is actually the case, Doris is going to throw some fits of jealousy. She will end up attacking Rylee. She already tried the first day but you know Rylee, she don't care even if she was pissed off. You shouldn't piss Rylee of without a reason which Doris tried to do. I said Adam to take care of Doris's jealousy episodes." I say worried. Suddenly my doorbell rang, it must be Adam and Colin.
"I think it's Adam and Colin." I say to Cat getting up to open the door.
"Yeah go and open I will talk to you later on. Love you baby. Take care." she says.
"Love you too baby, take care of yourself." I say and we hang up.
Adam and Colin comes with beer and pizzas, great, I love pizza. I smile at them and let them in. They put the food on the dining table. Colin flops down on the couch and closed his eyes, tired, I know how much work he do. Adam sits next to him and asks me, "Whom you were talking to?"
"Oh, it was Cat. Talking about work and Rylee." I say, watching Colin's reaction. He opens his eyes and stared at me. I quickly drifted my gaze towards Adam. He again ask,
"When are they coming back?"
"Cat will be here soon maybe but I don't know about Rylee, she is too much busy." I say. I opened the beer bottles for each one of us.
"Rylee, that girl is so beautiful and mysterious. I really want to know her better." Adam say.
"What! You want her as your girlfriend?" Colin smirked.
I turn to Colin then I glanced at Adam laughing.
"If she is okay with it then why not!" Adam exclaimed. I laugh shaking my head and Colin just smirked. "She is not your groupie, you know that guys." I say sipping my beer.
"Yeah, though she is a female version of Colin, so if I can handle Colin then I can handle her too." Adam says laughing while taking a sip of his beer. I laughed.
"Ask her when you will meet her next time." I say. He nods grinning.
Next few hours we talked about everything and nothing. We ate our pizzas, drank beer, watched some web series, teased each other, specially we teased Adam. Adam was lecturing me and Colin about ecosystem and environment as usual. All in all we had a good time like this after a long time, since we all are busy with our own works, its been long we sat and talk like buddies. Adam passed out on couch and I and Colin had a good laugh. Colin is a limited drinker so he was okay. He dragged Adam out and left around 3:00 A. M. in the morning, since tomorrow is Saturday, no office. I told Adam can stay but Colin said he will take him to his. Tomorrow the band will have a concert. Great. I will make a video and send it to Rylee, I know she will be happy. I clean up everything, take another shower and, then flop on the bed. I think about Caitlin, I don't know when we will meet again. I drift off to deep sleep with My love Caitlin in my mind.