Chapter 20 (Matt's Point of View)

My first reflex was to call Caitlin after coming back from Felipe. I was so happy and no doubt they both looked so happy too.
I am heading back after seeing off Rylee and Colin. They definitely should give each other a chance. I had a long conversation with Rylee yesterday. She is kind of nervous. We almost talked 3-4 hours me trying to convince Rylee that everything will alright.

After I inform Cat, I told her to keep her mouth shut. She was so excited. Everybody wants them to get attached and they also want but they both are so tormented by their own respective past.
Rylee is kind of hesitating more. Let's not forget that Colin is a womanizer, so Rylee can have insecurities. If Colin hurts Rylee, even if I know he likes her but still if he hurts her I will cut his balls for sure.

Rylee told me she will call after they land. I am headed towards Daryl's because I needed to talk to him and Harley.
Doris somehow is now kind of interested in Rylee, finally maybe she has understood, that Rylee isn't a person Doris thinks as she is. I just wish everything work out for Rylee and Colin and everyone.

After reaching at Daryl's, I go inside and sit on one of the deckchair near the pool. Daryl and Harley is not here. So I took the chance and called Caitlin. Even if I took the day off, she is working I guess.

"Hey Matty... What's up?"

"Hey Sweetie, nothing much, at Daryl's. How about you?"

"I am working as usual. Was thinking about you. I miss you so much."

"Me too. When you will come to New York? Now that the danger their is subdued."

"Very soon. I had a talk with Rachael. She told me that she will give me leave for New York. Even though I will be working their."

"Yeah... That's cool babe. I just came to Daryl's after seeing off Colin and Rylee."

"Oh those two left today? Are they excited?"

"Yes they are but they don't show it of course. You know them. And since Doris was their I think they avoided anything anyway."

"How did she take it today now that they are leaving?"

"She seemed interested in Rylee. I think."

"What?! Doris interested in Rylee? That's something new."

"Yeah, she was asking about her works and all."

"Okay That's officially really new... Anyway... I can't wait to meet you."

"I can't wait to touch you, kiss you and make love to you. "

"Hey!! Stop turning me on. I am at work."

"To hell with work."

"Hahahahahah... I love you Matt."

"I love you too baby."

"Btw do you think my brother and Rylee will sleep together?"

"How will I know? I think Rylee needs time and Colin is not pushing her too much. Even though they kissed, he blurted to me and Adam which is very unlikely of your brother."

"Oh my, my... My brother has fallen in love. I so happy for them. What about Rylee?"

"Rylee is fighting against her demons and negativity. I had a very, really very long conversation with her. I understand her Cat. She is broken and she if afraid of breaking Colin somehow. Can you imagine how she might have felt when she learnt that she has lost her child."

"I know Matt. She has been through a lot and so does my brother. I hope she tells everything to my brother and my brother does the same."

"She is afraid that Colin will leave her after he gets to know everything. And to be honest Cat we know she can be vulnerable, she can be a mess but we haven't seen her in those states yet but if Colin and she gets together, it's pretty much possible for Colin to see her in those states and that's what Rylee is afraid of."

"Colin will not leave her. If he truly wants to be with Rylee, he will fight. What love and connections it would be if he leaves after knowing everything about her. "

"I hope you are right."

"Yes Matt. I don't want either of them more hurt than already they are. I just wish they don't hurt each other. I know my brother and knowing Rylee totally being a duplicate copy of Colin I think they have a habit of biting back hard when they are hurt. I just hope they don't ever get into misunderstandings because that will be a total mess which I would like to avoid. Rylee is nightmare if she is angry, more than my brother."

"Yeah.. Uh.. Cat, D and Harley is here. Can I call you later?"

"Yes Matt.... Anytime. Love you."

"Love you too."

And we hung up. Daryl and Harley came and sit by the pool on a deck chair.
We talk about some stuff and I headed towards home around 2 after lunch at Daryl's.
I got fresh and work on my design for some time then I fall asleep at sometime only wake up around 8 P. M. by my phone ringing. Oh I slept long, I get up to pick up the call rubbing my eyes.
It's Colin.
"Hey buddy! Landed?"

"Yep, 30 mins ago. Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah, I fell asleep while working."

"Oh... We are headed towards the hotel."

"Okay.. And how is princess?"

"Here talk to her. She is sleep walking."

"Shut up Colin, I don't sleep walk." Rylee say to Colin before taking the phone from him. Always teasing each other like that. They seriously communicate that way. Weird way though.

"Hey Matt. Your friend is an ass" Rylee says. I chuckled.

"Yes, totally. You guys must be tired. Go to the hotel and take rest. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Matt!" Rylee yell. I burst out laughing.

"Okay princess, give the phone to Colin."

"Yes, love you Matt. Bye."

"Bye Princess." she called Colin gave the phone to him.

"Yes buddy."

"Colin, take care of my Princess."

"Don't worry Matt."

"Yes, take rest I will call later."

"Yes. Bye." and we hung up.

They just need to sit & talk that's the only thing that can bring them close.
I just hope they find peace.