➳ 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐮𝐭𝐲

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jieun smiled faintly from the edge of the mountainside having the perfect view of the entire beach. She was already back in her summer dress, her hair damp from all the swimming. Her skin a little darker thanks to the sun exposure.

Down there, sat her two friends on the sand. She heard giggles and their muffled voices. It took hours but Jimin apologized for whatever he'd done, and Seulgi, as always, hesitated, yet accepted.

Everything was back to normal thanks to this trip. She caught herself wishing Jungkook could be there to see it, also wondering where he'd gone.

Her wishes were heard moments later.

The sound of his car getting near surprised Jieun, but she didn't move from where she was standing. Jungkook parked right in front of her, turning off and getting out.

She smiled, and he did too.

"You're back."

"Yep."

"Where were you?" Jieun frowned trying not to show off how curious she really was. "Night has fallen, we have to go home soon."

"I know, sorry," he said scratching his cheek. "It took longer than I expected. Anyway, what are you doing up here?"

"Just wanted to give them a little privacy... Look," she nodded down.

Jungkook gave a quiet laugh in response once he saw his friend Jimin that seems to be laughing and talking with Seulgi. "Hmm. So, our plan worked."

"Yeah," Jieun turned around to lean on the car hood. "And I hope it lasts this time."

He slowly followed her lead, standing beside her. "Hey, looks who's tanned..."

She giggled, pushing him gently with her shoulder. "Stop it."

"That's too bad," he said. "Nobody will be able to touch you after today."

Jieun pursed her lips to hold the urge to ask who exactly he was referring to. Everything Jungkook said seems to have a double meaning to her. She had such a dirty mind.

"This, uh... thing you had to do... " she began changing the subject. "What was it? You're not doing anything illegal, are you?" she giggled, but he did not.

"I had to meet up with someone."

"Someone..." she muttered, lowering her eyes. "I see."

"It wasn't a girl," he added. "So, don't worry."

Jieun frowned, looking away but not enough to hide the raging blush on her cheeks from him. Tanned or not, he still could see it.

"W-what would I be worried about that? I don't care."