➳ 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jungkook felt his whole body tensing.

However, he refused to accept what his friend just told him as true and chuckled. "He wouldn't dare."

"Her friend and some guy called for a fake sale just to get in touch with you," BamBam went on. "Why would they do that if it wasn't serious?"

Rising panic filled his already frantic mind as Yoongi turned his attention back to them, and they both were forced to look up.

"Stay calm," BamBam warned silently. "We better keep it quiet from him if that's really true."

"I'm proud of your decision, Jungkook," the leader said. "I have no doubts that you'll make this cartel the biggest that has ever been."

Jungkook stared at him long and hard, then smiled. "I'm not sure if I'll be near as good as you, hyung."

"Can't argue with that," he laughed. "But there's nothing holding you back to become the new me."

The dealer winced at his words, gripping the desk's edge so hard he was in danger of cracking. "Right."

His body straightened up, following Yoongi with his eyes as the leader approached Namjoon to discuss something.

"Does he know it too?"

"Namjoon was the one who sent me away with Hoseok to be alone with her. What do you think?"

Shock, hurt, fear, and frustration overtook him as he stared at both men. But his facial muscles refused to respond, making it impossible to show any emotion.

"New boss, huh?" Lisa crossed the basement with a smile. "I can't believe you finally accepted."

Ignoring the girl, Jungkook turned to his friend casually to whisper. "I need to get out of here, BamBam."

His friend nodded mutely, giving at a quick glance around. "I'll fix that."

"Does your girlfriend know it yet?" the black-haired girl teased, twirling her hair. "She'll be so disappointed..."

"There are priorities in life, Lisa," he answered, pulling his jacket from the chair.

She laughed. "I'm pleased to know that you're finally back."

Again, Jungkook ignored it. As BamBam slowly made his way over to his boss, he could feel the growing knot in his stomach and the heavy weight on his chest.

There was something about this breakthrough that made him slightly nauseous. He couldn't give a logical explanation for any of the sensations he was feeling.

Yet, his lips managed to curve up one last time when Yoongi and Namjoon returned to the desk, both frowning.

"BamBam said you're meeting with one of the Maru Club users tonight."