➳ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝-𝐞𝐧𝐝

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jieun scanned the entire waiting room hurriedly, fear blatantly obvious in her face as Jungkook stopped by her side. Mrs. Wong was the first person she saw. The woman was still crying and immediately ran towards her daughter.

"Jieun!"

"Mom," tears pricked Jieun's eyes as she embraced her. "Where is he?"

"Inside," Mrs. Wong said, voice cracking. "The doctors said he'll be fine... I called his father, he's on his way here."

Jieun relaxed for a bit, letting out the breath she's been holding.

"You must be Jungkook," the woman managed a small smile, nodding her head at him.

"It's good to see you again, Mrs. Wong," Jungkook mimicked the gesture.

"I don't understand," Jieun said. "H-how did he- What happened?"

"I received a call from the hospital saying Lucas was here... It... It seems like his friend found him unconscious in the bathroom. She's the one sitting there," Mrs. Wong pointed at the nervous young girl in a pink party dress.

Jieun and Jungkook both glanced at her then back at the woman.

"So is it really true? What you said about... the overdose?"

"That's what they told me... I don't know- I- I still can't believe it," she started to cry again, and Jieun promptly wrapped her arms around her. "Y-your brother... he never used these things. I'd have noticed. I'd have seen it."

Behind them, Jungkook stood there and pinched his nose, sighing deeply. He was hating myself every passing second.

When Jieun pulled back was only to cup her mother's face. "Mom... you said that Lucas was different. You saw it the way he behaved. Of course something had to be wrong."

The woman shook her head, hand over her mouth, the tears slipping one after the other.

The doctor, who apparently was the one taking care of Lucas, appeared before them, and Mrs. Wong breathed out in exasperation.

"Can I see him now, doctor?"

The girl Yuqi also got up instantly to hear what the man had to say.

"Yes, ma'am. He's awake."

Mrs. Wong wasted no time and followed the doctor towards the room.

Jieun closed her eyes, the sensation of relief was overwhelming. She didn't know it, but Jungkook was there, quietly experiencing the same feeling.

"Do you wanna come too?" she asked him.

"I'll just wait for you here," he said, before placing a kiss on her forehead.