•Kilig•

"Salamat." (Thank you) Y/N said when she bought sampaguita from a child. The child smiled brightly when she received money, enough to buy food.

Y/N lived in the Philippines for a while. She fell in love with the culture, people, history and the language, that's why she's now a Filipino tutor. She tutors for free since she wants a lot of people to learn Tagalog.

She walked in her office and placed the sampaguita on the small altar at the corner.

She was about to sit on her desk when her telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Uh... Hi, is this the Tagalog tutoring class."

"Why yes! Are you planning to set up a meeting with me?"

"Yes. Can you please meet me at Pearl cafe"

"Okay, I'll be there by 3." Y/N hung up the phone and grabbed her purse to go to the cafe.

.•°•°•.

Y/N entered the cafe. It was aesthetically pleasing and cozy. In front of the cafe is the Manila bay where a lot of tourists come to see the beautiful sunset.

Y/N sat next to the window and waited for her student. She looked out at the beautiful bay while listening to the song that was being played at the moment.

🎶

Gusto kitang isayaw ng mabagal
Hawak kamay, pikit-mata
Sumasabay sa musika
Gusto kitang isayaw nang mabagal

Heto na ang kantang hinihintay natin
Heto na'ng pagkakataon na sabihin sa 'yo
Ang nararamdaman ng puso ko
Matagal ko nang gustong sabihin ito
🎶

"Uh excuse me. Are you miss
Y/N?" Y/N turned around to see a boy the same age as her with a black, coconut like hair, a sharp jawline that can cut and apple an looks like he's a foreigner.

"Yes I'm Y/N and you're...?"

"Choi Beomgyu, Beomgyu." Beomgyu reached his arm out to shake hands which Y/N accepted.

"So Beomgyu, how long have you been living here in the Philippines?"

"Well I just moved here 4 months ago."

"Can you speak Tagalog?"

"Unti lang." (A bit) Beomgyu let out a small chuckle.

"Well that's a good start! Let's start our first lesson." Y/N brought out her textbook and they started the lesson.

.•°•°•.

"So pabo means turkey?!" Beomgyu asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, what's the problem with that?" Y/N asked while giggling at Beomgyu's cute expression.

"It's because in Korea, pabo means stupid."

"Well I mean here in the Philippines, baka means cow while in Japan it means stupid." Both of them laughed.

It is actually now the third day of Y/N tutoring Beomgyu and both of them are getting close to each other.

While laughing Beomgyu saw a word on the textbook that caught his attention.

"Hey Y/N, what does kilig mean?"