•Sunshine•

It was a beautiful winter afternoon at the 'Greenfields Orphanage'. Children are playing around the white snow. Laughter is filled in the air. Well, it's not a beautiful afternoon for one orphan.

"Kai how in the world did you get sick?!" The mother taking care of the orphans  asked Kai. The little boy looked at the window and pointed with his small hands.

"S-snowy ACHOO s-snow ACHOO" The sick little boy said as he rubbed his itchy red nose. Kai just went outside to play with the snow with the other orphans but it just ended up making him sick.

The mother sighed and tucked him in his bed.

"Well no snowball fights for you mister." The mother kissed his forehead and left the infirmary room.

.•°•°•.

"Children, please do not enter the infirmary room. Kai is really sick right now and I don't want you to be also infected." The mother said to the orphans who are gathered outside the infirmary room.

The orphans nodded but feeling sad that they cannot play with Kai.

But one mischevious orphan has other plans.

.•°•°•.

Kai was left alone in the large quiet room. He pouted as he saw the falling snowflakes from the window. The poor boy just wanted to have fun.

There were suddenly footsteps in the room. Kai sat up and hugged tightly the pillow that was next to him.

"M-mama?" There was shuffling below his bed. Kai looked below and saw a familiar mop of hair.

"Y/N?" The little girl smiled as she tip toed so she can see Kai's face.

"Hello!"

"Y/N you're not supposed to be here ACHOO"

"Why not???" Y/N tilted her head which caused her little ponytail to move.

🎶
시끄러운 도시 속에서도 ye ye ye
하고 싶은 대로 내 맘대로 ye ye ye
햇볕 좋은 그늘 아래에 앉아
눈을 감고 잠깐 나를 봐봐
🎶

"I'm sick ACHOO" Y/N walked away. She pushed a chair to the side of the bed and sat on it.

🎶
머릿속에서 다툼은 끝나고
지겨운 얘기들은 모두 wash (wash) away 씻겨서 내려갔어
지금 아주 평화로운 낙원에 앉아 나와 비밀 얘기를 해
그동안 몰랐던 나의 질문들을 답하며 좀 웃어보네
🎶

"You are lonely and I'm here to talk to you!" Kai only smiled. Of course he can't say no to his best friend when she has this adorable smile.

🎶
아주 오랜 친구와 얘기하듯
편안하고 누워서 just chillin' (chillin') woo
꽤 좋은 시간을 보내고 밤이 될 때까지 healing (healing)
이젠 걱정 없이 가 내가 원하는 곳
이젠 부담 없이 해 내가 원하는 거 yeah
🎶

"What are you doing here little miss?" Y/N froze on her seat. She turned around with a sheepish smile. The mother raised a brow.

"W-well-" Before Y/N could say anything, the mother carried her out of the room. Y/N shouted a bunch of protests and tried getting out of her mother's grip.

Kai giggled while watching Y/N struggle but soon turned into a frown when they left the room. Once again, the little boy is alone.

.•°•°•.

"It's dinner time sweetie." The mother pushed a food cart next to Kai's bed.

"I'm just gonna go get the utensils." The mother left the infirmary and Kai is left staring at the soup and bread on the food cart.

The cart suddenly started shaking and a little Y/N appears from the bottom of the cart.

"Y/N!" Kai said excitingly.

"Shhhh mama might get me." Y/n whispered as she tiptoed to see Kai's face.

🎶
주변 모든 게 다 slow mode (slow mode)
모든 소리가 조용해져 (해져)
나의 걱정은 다 blow up (blow up)
바람에 다 맡겨 날 이제는 난 yeah
🎶

"Look who I brought along." Y/N grabbed something behind her and Kai's face immediately lit up.

🎶
시끄러운 도시 속에서도 ye ye ye
하고 싶은 대로 내 맘대로 ye ye ye
햇볕 좋은 그늘 아래에 앉아
눈을 감고 잠깐 나를 봐봐
🎶

"Molangie!" Kai hugged tightly the soft plushie.

🎶
시끄러운 도시 속에서도 ye ye ye
하고 싶은 대로 내 맘대로 ye ye ye
햇볕 좋은 그늘 아래에 앉아
눈을 감고 잠깐 나를 봐봐
🎶

"I know you really want molang. Good thing I found her on your bed-"

"Miss Y/N L/N." The mother stood at the doorway with her arms crossed. Y/N already knew what her mother is trying to say so she immediately went out of the infirmary with a pout.

Once again, Kai is left alone in the room. Well not exactly since he has his molang but he wants Y/N by his side.

Kai grabbed molang and slept. He didn't feel like eating dinner.

.•°•°•.

Kai woke up feeling something weird beside him. He lift up his blanket and saw a cup with a string attached to it.

Kai was confused at first but when he put the cup at his ear he heard a familiar voice.

"Black crow are you there? Over." Kai couldn't help but smile largely that he heard his best friend's voice.

"Yes I'm here White dove. Over."

"YEYYYY WE CAN FINALLY TALK TO EACH OTHER."

"Sweetie you do know Kai can still hear you when you shout like that." Kai heard his mother chuckle.

"Kai when you get better, we're gonna play all day and eat all the food that we want!" Even though he can't see Y/N, he can see her arms raised with a bright smile on her face.

"For now let's talk all day thru these paper cups."

"Okay Y/N!"

.•°T H E  E N D°•.

🎶Sunshine🎶
by

STRAY KIDS

🥑: This was inspired from a scene in the anime, The Promised Neverland:)