Sorry gal

"So, babes what do you want to talk about that was so urgent that you shake me out of bed." Selina angrily glares at me while I rub the back of my neck and sweat drops at how nervous I am.

"Well...you see...yesterday my momma told me to go around right?" She nods just wanting me to get to the point. "And so, I went...but you see...I...I didn't know who was coming..."

"Oh come on, get out with it, I was perfectly dreaming about Shoto's thighs when you had to go and ruin it."

I gulp.

"She had the Akaashi's around and it was the guy that you were talking about. Are you mad?" I flinch awaiting the slap in the face when all I hear are chuckles.

"How can I be mad when that's your mother written all over, but..." I brace for impact, "I can tell that you already really like him, so I'll back off." I open my eyes stunned at her statement.

"What? You can't he was the guy, the guy that you were considering to seriously date. I can't take that away from you." I cry out she places a reassuring hand onto my shoulder.

"Last night you came back home so happy, I just knew that it was a guy that put that smile onto your face. Plus, I do like him but as you know he wasn't really my type." No, no, no, you're not doing this, you're not compromising your love life for mine.

"No. If you like him then you should have him, I don't feel right just taking him from you when this is your real chance at love." She shook me violently; I think I may have whiplash after that torture.

"Are you crazy? Akaashi is a total babe and he is fine to look at, especially those eyes. Plus, do you remember what my mom always used to say?" I shake my head; all I know is that her mom is more nuts than mine.

"She believes that everything happens for a reason, that we people that we do meet, good or bad is what our fate decided it so. What I'm trying to say is if we're really not that okay with it then we should leave it to fate to decide our next steps." I have this unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach, they call it girl code for a reason.

"Hey, don't make that face, if you really feel that horrible about it do nothing, but I know what I'll be doing, I'm getting myself a boyfriend." She grins patting my shoulder.

Normally I would back out and I should, Selina saw him first, but he isn't an object and shouldn't be treated like one, but we clicked so much. And I don't know maybe he's the first real boy that's actually taken an interest in me.

I only did it with Makoto because Selina was with his friend Sousuke, so that's how we know each other but other than that I haven't really hit it off with any other guy before. Ahh why does it have to be so shit, I don't want to compete but then I don't want to miss my chance at something great.

Maybe I should just leave it up to fate, then by going by that strategy I won't be hurting myself or Selina.

~*~

This has been edited - 22/04/2021

I think that this is something every girl can relate to, when a guy gets in between a friendship, I've had my fair share of these and knowing girl code is the best move to take.