Cat fight

I waited.

Even after an 8-hour shift and then making my way home, still she wasn't there or hours later after that.

After Akaashi comforted me, he told me how he told her that was uncalled for and basically called her a bitch in his terms and that he doesn't want to hang out with people like her. So, I'm only guessing she's reeling from being rejected by him and avoiding me, because everything's my fault.

She will have to eventually show up though, she isn't loaded enough to stay at a hotel, and she doesn't have spare clothes with her, so I wait. I know she'll come.

Time ticks by as the night settles in, I wait, watching the door. I set aside my hacking and lectures for tonight to once and for all settle this while the iron's still hot. Red and burning.

01:15 AM is when the front door clicks open.

Waltzing in Selina and her already puffy cheeks, black smudged mascara on either side. She halts at the footwell once she sees me still wide awake. Oh yeah, we're doing this now.

Silence.

"I don't know what you were trying to pull today but it was certainly uncalled for. If you're trying to pull Akaashi that certainly wasn't the move to make." I start placing my now cold mug down, she walks over to the kitchen ignoring me.

My existence meaning nothing to her, the hurt she ensued, I ensued needs to be reconciled or this will only turn out worse than we went in with. So, I push again.

"Seriously, how immature can you get? First you act petty, then you become a total bitch and low and behold you spill all my secrets to someone else-" She slams her hand hard against the counter.

"Oh please, like what I said wasn't the truth. You don't know how hard it is to get someone to like you? Oh no, little miss perfect never struggled in that aspect, everything is easy to you." She scoffs turning around, a scowl forming on her face. "You've never struggled, you don't know what's it's like. I'm always the sloppy seconds while you...you are the girl that they dump me for to go off and marry. What do you expect of me to do?" I furrow my brow at her.

Be a decent human being and best friend, not be a bitch, the list can go on but I'm sure as hell she has more to say otherwise to counter every excuse.

"I'm sorry that your insecurity made you think in such a way but what right does that give you to break trust between two friends. And don't you think for a second that my life is perfect-" Again she slams her hand onto the counter.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up. No one cares. I SAW HIM FIRST, SO HE'S MINE." She screams gripping the sides, I clench my fists.

Remaining silent as the battering ram of her feelings finally fold to the pressure of our friendship.

"THEN WHY DID YOU OFFER ME TO GO SEE HIM?!" I scream back, not like we owe him but girl code and all.

"BE-BECAUSE I WAS FEELING INSECURE, I THOUGHT IF I LET YOU WIN THEN I COULD HAVE A CHANCE." SHE SCREAMS.

"I was willing to let you have him; you deserve to have a serious relationship." I breathe in deep breaths trying to calm myself.

The effort unrewarded as she slams me with another barrel of unspoken half truths and thwarted feelings for each other.

"Don't give me that crap, just because you got pretty and had a past relationship means shit, you'll always be that grubby fat kid no one wanted to be around. Stay with kissing ass with the teachers, pet." My heart pangs as my face becomes warm.

"What?"

"You heard me loud and clear, fatty. I only befriended you because my parents were getting paid by yours, 'be a good girl and play with that kid over there', the pay kept coming as they saw you getting better and not only that you started that silly little club. Oh, how the girls talked shit about you, I pity you." I should say something, but shock keeps my tongue in place.

Blinking and lost within my thoughts she continues in the background.

"You want to know why no boy took interest in you during high school because of me, they wanted you but all it took was some rumour about you having herpes and maybe a closeted lesbian. Ha, who would have thought that even Kuro believed in such a thing, he even tried to-"

SLAP

Her cheek reddens from the slap.

Standing before her in an enraged fit, all my suffering if because of her and now she never truly was my own friend, but a paid scam done by my parents.

"H-how cou-could you... do that? Were any of this real? Did you just stick around because you got too deep? Was I just a... tool for your success?"

She laughs and begins to clap slowly then vigorously getting faster.

"Now you get it. Well done, for such a smart kid you're kinda dumb. Of course, I used you, who wouldn't."

SLAP

I slap her again, but this time my vision becomes blurry.

"I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE BY TOMORROW." I scream into her face; she flinches taking a step back.

"Good I didn't want to live here anyway."

We both walk off into our rooms, I want to punch something, I grab mychair and throw it against the wall, I clear my desk and finally I scream, Iscream until my throat begins to burn. I cry myself to sleep.

~*~

Oh damn

This has been edited - 23/08/2021