Snake in the grass

Selina has been off for some days now; no, she isn't ill but rather she's not acting like she usually is. Ever since she said that we should leave everything up to fate she's locked me out, I'm no longer her go to friend nor does she immediately answer my texts or calls, it's gotten worse since Kuro told me about her dumping him. It's as if she's cleansing herself of all the bad in her life and for some reason that includes me, of course I'm happy for her as a friend but also as a friend I'm worried.

Have I done something wrong to offend her in some way?

She's really into this, him I mean, but I don't really feel like competing with her, she's my best friend yet she's not reciprocating that. Is a boy really going to drive us apart? Her resolve might not be that strong, but we've been friends since high school and I'm not going to give up on her so easily.

Friendship comes first, then I can worry about my shitty love life after, God I'm so stupid I shouldn't have ever said I would continue liking him. Fuck, I'm the shittiest person ever.

Today of all days is one of those days that I have to go to work, I don't always go in as I'm a temp worker and only work when someone is sick or lack of staff, but I really just don't want to do it. Me and Selina haven't spoken to each other, I'm 100% sure that she knows that me and Akaashi went on a date last week and that's the reasoning behind her lack lustre of her appearance around me.

She must be so pissed, and I would be too but isn't it a bit of an overkill to go this far?

Working as a waitress for an expensive and famous restaurant that you have to book in advance for or for special occasions you can just walk in has some benefits, that I must say that I do enjoy. This place just has that taste around it, the air of importance and even as a waitress I feel like that but as of right now it feels like everything is plummeting fast. So, this is what was more important that meeting up and talking to me, she even left early this morning with no note nor any texts telling where she's going or who with. Of course, it was this.

Selina and Akaashi alongside some of her fashion friends, they stop laughing when they notice me, I actually feel like their death glares might even pierce my soul, even Selina gives me the evils but when me and Akaashi make eye contact all that dissipates. Until she wraps her arm around his waist with a shit eating grin on her face, what? Is this meant to be a competition? And what was that smirk for?

I take them to an empty booth near the window, the night lights glowing gold in the evening blues and give them some time to order; it was a mistake to take their orders. The whole time Selina keeps giving me a smug look while her fashion friends give me the evils and poor sweet Akaashi gives me the sweetest look, bless him he's so cute. I come back minutes later with a tray of drinks and a jug of water, Selina takes the jug and pours herself a glass, I'm about to go when her hand reaches over to Akaashi's, stopping him? My eyes widen in shock as she spills the glass over the table and onto the floor. Not only did it the water spill but also onto Akaashi and his dark red button up.

"Oopsies~" Selina says with a childishly slur as if she's been drinking while still giving me that shit eating grin, I furrow my brows whilst going back into the store room for some paper towels and a cloth.

Why is she acting like this? I don't get it. Why does she have to be that petty about this? And Akaashi, how did you get mixed up with her and her friends? You're an English major with a bunch of fashion majors? That doesn't make any sense. I get the cloth and towels and head back to the table. I place the paper towels on the table while I sort out the floor, this part is my job but when I get back to my feet the spillage is still there, are they expecting me to do that?

"You missed a spot~" She points to the table, and I look at her funny, now she's just acting like a real bitch.

I scoff.

Before I get the paper towels a giant hand takes them from me, I look over to see an apologetic look on Akaashi's face, I would be embarrassed to be sitting on this table with the way she's been acting as well and thank you Akaashi for acting like the prince that you are.

"Tamamora-san that wasn't very polite to say, it's okay Y/n-san I'll do this, you can get back to work, thank you." Oh, he uses her last name but uses my first name, I curiously watch Selina's mouth gape in shock then quickly look to me with scrutinizing eyes.

Yeah, suck it up bitch.

"Are you okay? I saw what that bitch did." I look over to see Akari scoffing at Selina's table, I shrug, not really wanting to deal with whatever trouble that Selina is trying to start, I still have another 6 hours of this shit.

Me and Akari both come out with their meals but to my horror Selina was doing something no friend should do, she was talking about me in a bad way no less. Just wanting to chuck the food at her did pass my mind a numerous times as I place the food down.

"Akaashi would you date someone that's never even been in a serious relationship, better yet someone who used to be so chubby and pretty much a sight for sore eyes." She laughs while me and Akari stare at her with wide eyes.

This...BITCH.

"Oh, Selina don't you know you talk shouldn't talk about your best friends that way maybe unless you want me to share how many dicks you've gotten wet or that you used them to get passing grades or better, yet you're scared of commitment from trauma of your parents' divorce." I scoff as I set the food down.

Narrowing my eyes at her, taunting her to continue.

"I expected better of you, then again I always wondered if you really were my friend or were you just using me like you do with your 'toys'." I turn to a stunned Akaashi, shit I forgot he was there. "I apologize that you have to associate with such a person Akaashi, and I apologize for causing a scene, and you...we'll be talking about this tonight." I take my tray and leave, I tell the manager that I wish to move tables and for a few minutes break, he allows it.

I didn't realise until I get into the staff toilet that I'm crying, my mascara running as well as my cheeks starting to become puffy. I wipe what I can before taking in big breaths to calm myself down. But when I open the door, I'm immediately taken into a big embrace, mint wafts into my nose, I sink into him, he really is too good.

~*~

Oh i'm definitely going there

This has been edited - 23/08/2021