Alone but not really

A few days pass by slower than one can imagine could ever happen, I think since I've stopped eating, sleeping and pretty much anything else than staring off into the wall for all of my day I can safely say that I've stopped all functions. Selina moved out the morning of my outburst and now I really feel the emptiness of this place, my home doesn't even feel like my home anymore. I think she's staying with some 'friends' but one can't be too certain on what she categorises as friends nowadays. My life is a lie from this point on as if I've been unwillingly participating in an opera of my life but my whole persona ripped from in a matter of seconds. My friends, my family, what next? My education? Nothing seems real anymore.

Mom and dad didn't even try to deny it when I asked them, I would rather be alone than have fake friends, ones that lie and belittle me at every chance that they can get. This is why I gave up on Volleyball, at least there I knew where I stood with the girls, a teammate on the court but a target outside the club.

I hate everything.

Including myself, and I don't know how to feel about that. Empty. Rotten. Alone. Selfish. Sad. Bottomless. When does this suffering end?

Why should I open my heart to anybody ever again for only to get hurt, ripped apart limb from limb to be thrown to the masses and trampled upon, will the friendship be real? Or will it all be false hope with deceit spilling from the edges-

Knock

The front door thuds with a shudder against the hinges, I've haven't been doing my regular walks, so I suppose the door is on it's last legs with the bastard behind it punching it like a bag. Barely even register it too warped in my toxic gloomy mind to think and feel anything else of this reality.

Knock. Knocking. Knock.

Endless continuing loop as the door thuds and shudders again and again trying desperately to resist the urge to fall apart at any second, until it stops. Pleasant, the empty sound that fills in the silence is deafening as the door clicks, and footsteps resound into the apartment.

"Man, Y/n-san you can't stay like this forever. You need some good old vitamin-Me. Kidding, but me and Kenma are worried so rather you coming to us we came to you." Two sets of shoes waltz into my dark apartment, tippy toeing over the junk food and thrown away, scattered ramen dishes that I couldn't be bothered to pick up as I waste away in this cubby hole.

A presence sits before me, the look sad, and distraught as I can only imagine what I must look like right about now. His hand reaches out from behind himself, the loud crinkle of foil and plastic resounds like wedding bells, yet I resist the urge to hungrily tackle him foaming at the mouth. My palms bite the dust for this, sharp stings imprinting there.

"Hey, look we got your favourites, we don't have to talk, we could just play some games, watch some Tv, how does that sound?" Kuro crouches in front of me, holding my favourite crisps/chips, with a genuine smile.

Yet I see the sadness lining his eyes.

"You trying to make me fat?" I say while eyeing the packet salivating at it, I haven't eaten properly for days, after my family betrayed me, I gave up.

No point trying to stay healthy when deep down I'm still that fat girl, taking supplements to stay afloat but back then I was free and somewhat happy. I didn't have a toxic friend, nor was I ridiculed when I was home schooled and years ahead of my peers, it was them who got me outside and told me to get healthy if I ever wanted to study again.

I guess once the fat kid always the fat kid, am I right?

"Is that a bad thing? I know you haven't eaten in days and if it means eating again then so be it, get fat. As long as I have Y/n-san back to normal then I don't care what you look like. Please just eat something." Kuro drops the packet in front of me and stands back up again, he and Kenma open the curtains and air out the place while I stay seated in my burrito of blankets, stationary on the sofa.

Cringing from the existence of light entering my cave of darkness like the vampire inside of me, my skin burns upon the sight.

"Y/n-san let's play." I look up at a concerned Kenma, he kept the truth from me in exchange for me to have a healthy mental health.

I've yet to properly think about that from his point of view but I can only imagine what it must have taken for him to hide that from me and the cost it held on. Kenma my first real friend, after Selina by a mere three days, I remember how shy he was to me, don't get me wrong I felt like throwing up the moment I took the leap to talk to him, yet I don't think I could really give him up. So, I'm glad that he didn't give up on me either, I know for certain people like him, us, we have close friends, and we care for them as if we're facing the final boss.

Looking at the hand that has the controller in, I smirk at it sitting nicely in my hands, this is how we met through games, and this is how I spilled my life problems to the guy, I guess Kenma is a true pal. I have yet to beat him actually at any game other than a virtual reality shooting game found in downtown arcade.

Kenma sets up the game while Kuro, someone who I've never really connected with brings in drinks, we might've never spoken properly but I remember in high school how he would always ask if I was okay? Or how he acknowledged my existence, I guess I do mean something to him more than whatever he had with Selina for all those years.

"...Thank you..." Mumbling out a short response under my breath, barely even acknowledging him more than necessary. Keeping my eyes on the Tv, as I feel the mood lifting within the room. We play many games; we then watch some cheap comedy movie that I had lying around somewhere and then they insist on staying around.

"Kenma...Kuro, thank you for being here..." I say, their faces light up.

They both turn around, sitting on top of their make shift futons, their own warm fuzzy blankets rumpled around them. Kenma in an old hoodie I barely ware anymore and Kuro he had to go back home for his stuff. They smile.

"You've already sai-" Kenma begins, his eyes twitching with sentimentality and cute embarrassment.

Kuro brings me and Kenma into a tight embrace, I yelp from the sudden touch but melt into it nonetheless it feels so good and warm. I couldn't help but smile, man, these two are something else. Maybe even true friends.

~*~

Aww isn't that nice

Crocs gucci is out, it's an Inarizaki x reader, mostly a detective au

This has been edited - 23/08/2021