CHAPTER 08

The ball went through.

That's all you needed to see.

He's back.

Karasuno's Mens Volleyball Team is back.

The setter congratulated him. Asahi praised him back and he even praised the save that Nishinoya did.

He then looked at your way. You've never seen him smile like that ever since his fight with Nishinoya.

Your heart is bursting with happiness.

You ran towards him and gave him a tight hug. "That was beautiful." You said.

He hugged you back and nodded, "I spiked that for you."

"EHEM!" your brother's loud voice filled the gym. All eyes were on him. You pulled back from the hug and looked at him with an raised eyebrow.

Hands were akimbo, he glared at the man beside you. Asahi flinched. "What are you doing?" He growled.

You rolled your eyes and walked towards him, hitting his head playfully. "I'm just congratulating him."

"I'm not asking you, (Y/N)-chan." Keishin said, not breaking his glare towards Asahi.

"Hey! Shut it! We're in the middle of a game!" You said, pushing him slightly.

You heard a quiet hmp before nodding at the referee to start the game again.

You sighed in relief. You went to your position and readied yourself.

It is now your turn to do serving.

You breathed deeply and starts doing your pre-serve ritual.

Dribbling the ball before serving.
Hitting the ball with both your hands before serving.
Then whistle.

Taking a few steps back, you tossed the ball high up in the air. You ran to where your palm will meet the ball and then BHAM!

Swipping your sweat off, you didn't noticed the shocked faces of the people inside the gym, well of course, except your brother who already knew how powerful your serves are.

"WAIT! WHAT?!" Hinata shouted.

"What the heck was that?" A question followed by Kageyama.

"I didn't know you still have that on you, (Y/N)-chan!" Yūsuke said, hi-fiving you.

You hi-fived him and then Makoto. Whilst your other three team mates mouths were still hanging.

"Paps will get mad if I stopped practicing." You said, scratching the back of your neck. "Anyways, lemme do another service ace!" You shouted and then clapped your hands.

Again.

BHAM!

BHAM!

You're on your fourth serving. The other team barely touched your serve.

You threw the ball in the air and jumped, smashing the ball with all you can.

That was good.

Daichi, from the other side of the court, surprisingly received the serve, but it was off. Tobio went to the ball and then suddenly, WHACK!

And it is now your turn to ask the question, "What the heck was that?!"

The ball flew past you in just a blink of an eye and you didn't even got the time to position yourself properly.

Again, you looked at Suga for answers but he just scratched his head.

You frown and started thinking, "Chibi-chan and Kageyama-kun didn't make any kind of visible or vocal signal, so how?!" You mumbled to yourself. You definitely hate not knowing the things that surrounds you, it always bothers you. "Tch!"

Seemed like your brother read your mind and he shouted at Hinata, "BOY!" Hinata flinched and looked at your brother slightly scared. "Why did you jumped over there just now, Peewee?!"

PEEWEE?!

You puffed a small laugh unintentionally.

What a terrible nickname!

"Be-because the set will come to me no matter where I am, ...sir." Hinata answered.

Taking some steps away from the others, you began to think again. "The serve will come to him... so Chibi-chan isn't looking at the set, the ball flew on where he is." You ripped your gaze to the ceiling and glared at Kageyama, "Interesting."