CHAPTER 21

Before they left, you and Nekomata had a little talk for the last time.

"What can you say about our team?" You asked him.

"As a team, they're rough and still needed more practice but they have an overwhelming potential and I know with yours and brother's training, they sure will improve a lot." He said.

You nodded at him, "I'll do my best, sensei."

"I can say that, we have a worthy rival once again." He said, then smiled at you before leaving, "I'll see you next in the nationals."

You bowed your head, "We're not gonna lose!"

...

The whole team were outside the bus and ready to hop on.

You bit your lip and is thinking about something. There's something wrong. "Asahi?" You called, turning around to look at the boys behind you.

Asahi on the other hand, hid behind Daichi and Sugawara as if they'll cover him.

"What are you doing?" Daichi asked the big guy who's hiding behind him.

"I- I don't want t-to talk to her." Asahi stuttered, fidgeting his fingernails.

You walk towards the third-years, hands were crossed, "I can see you, you know?" You said.

Daichi and Asahi flinched whilst Sugawara just smiled at you and grabbed Daichi's arm and dragged him with him. That left you and Asahi alone.

Putting your hands to your sides, "I heard that you don't want to talk to me. Did I do something wrong?" You asked, you took a step forward towards him but he stepped backward and is looked away from you.

You felt your heart skipped a beat. You tried to reach his hand but he avoided your touch. "asahi..." you breathed, "what's the problem?"

But before he can answer you, Takeda called the team for a huddle before leaving the place. Asahi took that chance and left you without saying a thing.

You reached the school and Asahi is still avoiding you. You're feeling restless in every minute, you don't know the reason on why he is acting like that.

Maybe he's just tired?

A hand on your shoulder ripped you from your thoughts. "(Y/N), we're here." Kiyoko said.

"A-ah. Okay." You said, standing up.

...

The team gathered inside the gym. Your brother talked about yours and his future plans for the team. The InterHigh is getting near and the team still needs to strengthen their offense and defense.

"I'll create schedules for our trainings. I will multiply the numbers for our training until the IH comes. Though you've improved a lot, I don't think that your current skills can bring us to the nationals." You said to them.

The mood in the gym shifted down, and some of the players started to think what they needed to improve.

You need to be honest to them, because they will not improve their skills if no one will tell that they still suck. Especially their receiving. "I didn't tell you that because I want you guys to feel down, but I want you to find what you still lack. Like, Do I suck at receiving? Is my serve okay? What do I do to strengthen my blocks?"

All of them nodded, finally understanding what you wanted to tell.

"Alright. I think I'll do some researching about the schools that we might have match with. That's all." You said.

Daichi stood up and the others copied him. "Arigatou gozaimasu!"

The team bowed and thanked you also. You just gave them a nod and then turned to look at the two adults beside you. "Sensei, nii-chan. If you'll excuse me. I'm just going to change." You said.

Takeda nodded but your brother knits his eyebrows. "Are you alright?" He asked.

You shifted your gaze at the floor and nodded, "Yeah. I- I just don't feel good."

Keishin knows you, you lied, but why? He just sighed and nodded, thinking that he can ask you about that later. "Here. Just wait for me at the car so you can rest."

You nodded and grabbed the key from his hand before leaving the gym.

...

You were now at you brother's car. Alone.

You still have no idea on why would Asahi ignore you. You need an alone time to think about the reason.

Is he tired?
Feeling sick?
Or he doesn't want to play anymore?!

Then, suddenly your phone beeped. You opened it and there's a message from an unknown email. You opened it:

From: Unknown
Subject: HELLO
(Y/N)-chan! It's Kuroo.

Then it struck you. Maybe that's the reason on why Asahi's acting like that.