CHAPTER 23

Their practice is finally done and the boys were just resting before doing their final stretches.

You saw Tanaka and the others gathered in a circle holding a magazine. You walk towards them and noticed that Nishinoya is patting Asahi's back. Nishinoya noticed your gaze and he nod at you assuring you that it's nothing. You smiled at him and leaned down your body to look at the magazine. Not that really surprised, you saw the face of one of the powerhouse school's Ace - Ushijima Wakatoshi from Shiratorizawa. "Oh. Wakatoshi?" You asked.

Tanaka and the others looked at you, "Do you know him, (Y/N)-san?" Hinata asked.

You snatched the magazine from Tanaka's hands and took a proper look at it, "Super highschool ace, huh. He really grown up well." You said to yourself then you look at the boy who just asked you a question, "Well you can say that. I kinda know him since he's one of my childhood friends." You said, looking at them with a slight smile on your face.

"EHH?! Don't tell me you got to play with him? Is that the reason why you're so good?!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Haaaa?! Because of him?! Are you kidding me?" You exclaimed, you then crossed your arms, "We played before, but that was like twelve years ago! Also, I doubt that he still remember me."

"WHOA! That's really cool, (Y/N)-san!" Hinata beamed. "I want to beat him, so we can play with Nekoma again!"

"C'mon, guys. Shiratorizawa isn't the only good team out there." Your brother said, walking towards your group.

The team looks at him. "Do you mean last year's semifinalists, sir?" Sugawara asked.

"Obviously, but there are also other good teams this year." He said, then he pulled out the papers that you gave to him earlier from his jacket's pocket. "Like Wakutani South - with excellent defense and team work; Date Tech - the team summed up by the term Iron Wall. Their team has higher blocks than any other. Isn't Date Tech the team that we lost 2-0 in the prefectural public tournament last March?" Your brother asked. You took a glace at Asahi and he is looking serious.

You took a step beside your brother and face the team with a crossed arms, "Their second-year Aone was the one to look out for. Date Tech has always been in the prefectural's top four, but last year they ended up losing in the round of 16 to the tournament winners, Shiratorizawa. That's why they aren't seeded this year." You said. "What this mean is, depending on the pairing, it's possible to be matched against them in the first round." You finished, looking at your brother for him to continue.

"The next up is," Keishin said as he turn to the next paper, "I was told that you held a practice match with them not long ago. Their setter has the most offesive power on their team. He is also an excellent setter. He is also the possibly best all-around player in the prefecture. Oikawa Tooru of Aoba Johsai." Your brother said.

You can see how the team reacts on just hearing that name. You don't know but maybe something happened when they were at Seijoh's territory.

"Last but not absolutely the least, super highschool ace, Ushijima Wakatoshi, commanding Shiratorizawa." You brother continued, "That's all about it. (Y/N) and I will explain more details later." He finished.

You look at the team's Captain and Vice Captain, both of them looking like that they're thinking that your brother always act like a slob but now he truly cares for them.

Laughing internally, you were agreeing with them. Well, it's really surprising that he's making an effort for a team that he barely knows.

"Anyways, those schools were just our personal predictions about the possible toughest schools this year." You said. You then put your hands on your waist, "That being said, if you keep staring up at the top, they'll pull the rug out from under you. No team in the tournament is there to lose, they're all there to win."

Your brother nodded, "I agree on what she said. While we're training with everything we've got, you need to know that the other teams will be doing exactly the same. Previous winners and losers alike are all aiming for victory. Don't forget that!" He said, then smiled. "Also, don't allow them to call us the clipped crows ever again!"

You smiled and the team answered, "HAI!" before the gym's door opened revealing Takeda holding a paper. "You're all still here? I'm sorry I'm late! I was stuck in a meeting. Anyway, I've got the bracket for the Interhigh Prelims!"