CHAPTER 49

You just woke up after that tiring night. The managers seemed to be already woken up because you're the only person left in the room.

You were wearing a sleeveless shirt and your jogging pants only. The weather is too hot, that's why you were just wearing that.

You are now stretching outside the building for a run, when Asahi, wearing now his training clothes covered your body with his jacket. "You shouldn't b-be wearing l-like that, Y-Y/N-chan." He said, looking everywhere but you.

You looked at him, "Huh?" You said, confused.

"There are p-people watching you, and I- I can't tell them to back off." He explained.

"Asahi, look at me. Why can't you look at me?" You asked, holding his face.

He looked at you and gulped, "Y/N-chan, you're only wearing like that, I can't look at you properly."

You let go of his face and chuckled, "Why? First time seeing a girl wear like this?" You said, taking off the jacket he put on you and tied it around your waist.

He quickly covered his eyes, "A-A-Ahh! Y/N-chaaan!" He exclaimed.

You laughed even harder and removes his hand from his eyes, "Asahi-kun, you don't have to worry. It's completely fine."

A blush creeped out of his face as he looks at your face, "Bu-But-"

You sush him by putting a finger on his lips, "I said, it's okay. It's too hot today so I decided to wear this for my jogging." You explained, "Why don't you join me? We haven't spent much alone time yesterday."

...

Their training camp resumes and nothing had changed, and just like yesterday, your team were still losing their matches but you can clearly see their progress.

Your brother stands beside you as he watch the team starts their penalty, "What's your plan with Hinata and Kageyama? They're still not sync at all."

You looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "I told you. One month. Give me a month. It's only been two weeks." You said, rolling your eyes.

He chuckled and ruffles your hair, "I know. I know."

"Tch. If you did just helped me last night, instead of drinking with your old pals." You said, rolling your eyes.

"You piece of- I'm not old!" He exclaimed.

You smirked at him and stuck out a tongue, "Yes you are."

He locked your head between his right arm and hit your head multiple times, "I'm not ooooold."

You tried to escape him but no luck, "Ow! Ow! Ow! Let me gooooo..."

"Tell me I'm not old, first!" He said, your head were still locked in his arm.

"I'M  NOT OLD!" You yelled.

"No! Me! I'm not old!" He repeated.

"I'M  NOT OLD! I'M  NOT OLD! I'M  NOT OLD!" You repeatedly shout.

He hit your head again, "Not you! Me! Keishin is not old!"

You're now using all your strength but you can't still escape, "Why would I say that?! You're old! Ukai Keishin is an dirty old stinky man!"

"say tHAT AGAIN!" He shouted, hitting your head.

"Ukai-kun." A voice behind the two of you called.

Both of you flinched and your brother slowly let go of your head. You didn't waste that time and escaped his grip quickly. Before looking at Takeda-sensei, "You really is a piece of crap." Your brother mouthed at you.

"Both of you were too loud and it's distracting the other teams." Takeda said. "So if you two could just lower your voices, that'll be great."

You gulped and nod your head as a sweat rolls down your face, "Ha-HAI!" You quickly turned around from them and is greeted by the giggling Karasuno players. "Go back inside!" You yelled at them.

...

The sun is setting, and your team had just finished their eighth penalty for the day.

You were talking with your brother when you noticed that Asahi handed Tsukishima and Yamaguchi their bottles and went outside. You excused yourself and walk towards the gym's door and listened to what they were talking.

"We're in the same boat." You heard Asahi said, "Our positions kind of make Hinata our rival, so we probably notice more than anyone else how much he's grown from the baby bird he used to be."

You nodded, totally agreeing with him. He's right, Hinata is growing much faster than anyone else. You can't deny that.

"I don't plan on losing to him, though." Asahi finished. He and the two first-years still didn't noticed that you were at the door, so when Asahi turned to go inside the gym he got startled seeing you smirking. "Y-Y/N-chan!" He exclaimed.

You crossed your arms and smiled at him, "Well, well, well. Aren't you sounding like a tough guy now? What are you? The ace?" You joked.

Asahi's mouth agape and sweat-dropped, "I- I am the ace!"

You chuckled, "Come on, big guy. You're going to play another set." You said, reaching his hands.

He held your hand and intertwined it, "How long have you been standing there?" He asked.

"Uh, not that long." You said, then looks at him, "Do you mean that?"

He looked at you and nodded, "Yeah."

You smirked and let go of his hand, "Of course, you mean that! You're the ace after all and you should be the one who's holding the team." You winked at him and walked away.

...

Their ninth set already started. They were on the middle of their match with Ubugawa High, another school from Tokyo.

You were standing beside your brother and your sensei. "Ne, Nii-chan, Sensei." You called for their attention, "What do you think about Tsukishima?"

Both of their gaze went at you. "I think he's taking this seriously. Why do you ask?" Takeda asked you.

"I feel like Tsukishima is fine with just getting a passing grade. He never tries to get a perfect score." You said, crossing your arms.

Your brother looked back at the court as he nod his head, "I can feel it too, he's less passionate than the others. I've been thinking about this, but if he's not going to give his all, we're gonna switch up the starters." He said.

You nodded, "Of course. We need players who can win. He's valuable as the tallest member of the team, if he could become the cornerstone of our blocking, our defense would improve considerably."

"I see." Takeda said as he now understands the situation.

"Got it! , Leave it to me!" Daichi and Nishinoya shouted at the same time before colliding with each other.

"Everyone is giving their all." You commented, "And more motivated than they're ever been."

Keishin nodded, "But it's kinda scary." He said, sighing. "Collisions like that could turn in to serious injuries."

"Asahi-san!" Tanaka shouted as he do an emergency set towards Asahi, "I'm counting on you!"

"It's short." You said, as you watch the ball comes towards between Asahi and Hinata. "Just like before...!"

You felt a little panic as you remembered the collision of Hinata and Asahi before, but it quickly fade away as Hinata hold his position and let Asahi kill the ball.

You let out the breath you were holding, "I guess I got worried for nothing."