CHAPTER 47

"Y/N-CHAN~!" Bokuto shouts, running towards you.

You sighed, and as he nearly approach you, you took a step to your left. That made him missed his chance to bump in with you. He fell on the floor with his face first, making you laugh hard. "Ohayo, Bokuto-san." You greeted, laughing at his state.

He looked at you with a tear of pain visible in his eyes, "That's not how you greet people, Y/N-chan!" He cried.

You're still laughing but helped him stand anyways, "Nice to see you again, owl head."

...

The week long training camp finally started. For the first set, your team is now playing with Fukurodani and didn't forgot to tell them to use all the attacks you've practiced for the last two weeks.

It's not surprising that Fukurodani were on the lead when the attacks that your team is implementing are not yet sync at all.

You can't help but just sigh, "Uhhhh, we've practiced this a lot." You said.

Keishin heard you and chuckled, "Well, we only practiced that for two weeks" he said then smiles, "But you did a good job teaching Hinata. He's improved a lot."

"Paps helped me, so... He definitely needs to improve." You said. "I'd feel very ashamed if he doesn't improve a bit, you know?"

Keishin rolled his eyes, "You're so hard on yourself. It's completely fine if he doesn't have any improvements in that short span of time. Besides, he's not the only one you were training."

"Ehhh, I don't know..."

Fukurodani won the set with 25 - 16 points. As a penalty, Karasuno team needs to run at the small hill beside the gymnasium.

You can feel that this training camp will be full of penalty, but that's fine, your team will perfect theirs plays in no time.

The team was panting heavily by the time they were done running up and down the hill. Hitoka and Kiyoko were already there to hand them their bottles. 

"Get ready for another set!" You announced.

"So fast... I want to rest more~" some of them whined.

You put a hand on your waist and knitted your eyebrows, "I'll give you a minute to ready. If you're not inside in one minute you'll run a hundred times up and down that hill."

They groaned and answered tiredly, "...hai."

...

The sun has set and the boys got their ninth and last lost for today and just finished running at the hill. They are now resting outside and about to approach them when Bokuto and Kuroo stands in on your way. You groaned internally, because you know what that means.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Practice with us, Y/N-chan!" Bokuto called out.

You dismissed his idea immediately, "Err, no." You said, walking past the two captains.

Him and Kuroo quickly move and stands on your way again, "You promised, Y/N-chan. Wouldn't be that a shame, breaking your promise?" Kuroo said, with his annoying smirk.

You crossed your arms, "I don't remember making a promise, Kuroo-san. As far as I remember, I told you it's exhausting to play with you two!"

They both stand on your sides and glanced to each other, you didn't failed to noticed that and you quickly bend forward making them bump with each other. They both cry in pain and left them like you did nothing.

"Heya~!" You called Daichi and company. "Are going to practice?"

"Oh, Y/N-chan. Yeah, we're going to practice. We're just looking for Ukai-san to borrow his tablet." Daichi answered.

"Aw, man. Nii-chan already left with Takeda-sensei and Nekomata-sensei. He told me they're going out." You said, scratching the back of your head.

"Oh? We wanted to rehearse our new attack, that's why we're looking for him." He explained.

You put a hand under your chin and started to think, "Erm~ Let's do a practice game. I'm the one who's gonna decide who's on both team. I want to see your progress whilst playing with you, so yeah. I think that's the best." You said.

The others agreed so now the players who wants to practice with you are now gathered in a circle.

"Okay. Here's my plan, Daichi-san, Ennoshita, Tanaka and Narita. You're going to practice your synchronized attack tonight with Suga-chan as your setter. Then, Asahi and Nishinoya will be on my side. Asahi will practice his serves, Nishinoya will practice his tossing." You explained, jotting down the names on the board you were holding.

Hinata then joined your group, "Senpai, what's that? Can I join?" He asked.

You shook your head no, "No. I want you to practice your quick with Kageyama. You've already noticed the changes in his sets, right?"

Hinata blinked multiple times before nodding his head, "Hai." He said, and left your group.

Just then Yamaguchi approached you, "Y/N-san, I- I want to p-practice my serving too..." he shyly said.

You looked at him for a second but then nodded, "Okay. So, Yamaguchi will be on our side too." You said, then look at your surroundings, "Where's Kino-chan?"

Ennoshita and Narita pointed the hiding Kinoshita at you. It only took him one look and he walked towards you. You crossed your arms as you look at him, "Are you hiding from me?"

Kinoshita shook his head, "N-No!" He answered.

"Practice with us, then. You're going to be on my side. So, this is going to be five-vs-five. Don't hold back anything." You said. "So, here's the catch. Since this is a practice, Daichi's side will be doing a lot of synchronized attack using all three tempos, I want you all to get familiar with it before settling with First-tempo. I need to see how you all will approach the ball using tempos, I need to see the difference between that three." You explained, looking at them.

Daichi's group nodded at you, "Hai."

"Then, at my group. Since, we only have five members and that includes a Libero, I'll be leaving one position for Nishinoya. Meaning, me, Asahi, Yamaguchi and Kino-chan will be the only one's doing the rotation and Nishinoya will stay on back zone. Will that be okay with you?" You asked, looking at Daichi's group. They just nodded, so you continue explaining, "Of course, we will just follow the basic rules of volleyball and everyone will be doing serves."

"HAI!" They shouted.

You clapped your hands, "Well then, let's start!"

...

Both teams have five-minutes each to discuss the signs and tactics that they will be doing. Since you're the coach your team decided to leave it to you.

"Asahi-kun. Yamaguchi. Kino-chan." You called and got their attentions. "Practice your servings. I want to see your progress." You said, "Nishi-chan, we're going to limit your receivings, so you can do the setting, but when there are unexpected times that you're the first touch, bring it to me, I'm going to act as our setter. Okay?"

"Woah, we're gonna see how Y/N-san set! Yeah~!" Nishinoya shouted excitedly.

"I've only seen you once set, Y/N-chan." Asahi said, who's beside you.

You looked at him, "Really? Where?"

He scratch his cheeks as he smiles, "Well, when you were playing with Bokuto and Kuroo..."

"Oh. Well, at least you're gonna watch it closer now, I'll even set for you too." You said, smiling.

His smile even grew bigger, "I'm looking forward to it."