CHAPTER 38

"Y/N-chaaaaaan~" Kuroo called. His voice is slowly getting annoying because he's always calling you before and after his matches.

You're wandering around the gym and is watching the other teams play. You and your brother talked that you'll not going to coach with him this weekend and will just watch how the other teams play. You were looking for something that your team can use for a change.

These teams were candidates for Nationals and you wouldn't miss this chance to learn from them.

You sighed, "Shut up, Kuroo."

"There's someone that I want to introduce to you~" he said, putting a hand on your head.

You slapped his hand away and crossed your arms, "If that someone is an airhead like you, don't bother. You're enough, I don't think I can handle another one."

But you're kinda hoping that it was their new member, a almost two-meter tall guy. He doesn't looked like a pure Japanese, and you really wanted to know why.

He put a hand on his heart and acts like he's hurt, "Y/N-chan, why are you being like that? You're hurting my feelings!"

"Because you're a bother." You said and starts walking on a nearby bench where the Fukurodani team were playing. They have this Ace who's at the Top 5 Aces in highschool level, named Bokuto Koutarou.

Kuroo being a bother as ever, sits beside you and pointed the owl looking Ace of the Fukurodani, "He's the ace of Fu-"

"I know." You said, jotting down some notes at your notebook.

"And their setters name is Aka-"

"Akaashi Keiji." You finished for him.

"Why are you like that, Y/N-chan? You're not giving me a chance to impress you even a bit." He said, looking at the court with a pout on his face.

You looked at him like you really don't have any interest, "I've already done my research about the teams here. So anything that you'll say about them won't impress me even a bit and I'm just here to watch how they play." You said and looked at the court again.

An invisible arrows struck Kuroo and he felt helpless with the words you just said, but you're still not finished talking yet, "Also, you don't need those to impress me, because you've already got me impressed with how you play volleyball."

Kuroo looked at you, as a smile slowly creeping out of his face. You don't know how much you made him flattered with those words. "Thank you."

You just smiled and continued to watch the game.

...

"HEY! HEY! HEY!" Bokuto shouted with his hands in the air when he landed the last spike that made his team win the set.

"He's the one you're going to introduce to me, right?" You asked Kuroo.

He just nodded and stood up from his sit and walked towards Bokuto. He pulled the Fukurodani's Ace with him and stands at your front, "Bokuto Koutarou, Fukurodani's Ace." Kuroo introduced.

Bokuto stands straight and puts his arm on his waist. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Nice to meet you! Who's this fine lady?" He asked.

You stood up from your seat, "Ukai Y/N, Karasuno's Assistant Coach." You answered.

"Woah! Coach?! But you looked like we're in the same age!" Bokuto exclaimed.

You chuckled, "I guess were in the same age, Bokuto-san. I'm just a third-year student like you two."

"Kuroo-san, Karasuno's really fortunate, huh." Bokuto whispered and Kuroo just nodded.

Just then, Akaashi jog towards the three of you, "Bokuto-san, Kuroo-san!" He called.

The three of you looked at him, "Ne, Akaashi-san?" Bokuto asked.

"Our team's going to play next." He stated.

Kuroo smirked and looked at you, "Ne, Y/N-chan. Watch me defeat this owl head, I'll block every spike of him." He said, putting a hand on Bokuto's shoulder.

Bokuro narrowed his eyes, "No, you should watch me how I will defeat this rooster head!" He argued back.

You put a hand on your lips and chuckled silently, "They're both an airhead." You muttered as the two of them continue bickering.

...

You stayed watching the two airheads who invited you to watch their game.

You can see that both of them were on the top of their game, Bokuto is giving Nekoma his powerful spikes every now and then and Kuroo is not missing his chances to block those.

Bokuto perfectly landed a cut shot to the otherside of the court. Your eyes widened and mouth were slightly agape, "Woah, that's crazy." You said in awe.

Bokuto turns to look at you, hands were raised in the air, "Did you see that, Y/N-chan?" He asked. He's getting comfortable with you, because he's already calling you by your first name.

You gave him a two thumbs up, "That was really cool, Bokuto-san!" You said, enough to hear by Kuroo. You want to take a revenge from all the annoying things he's doing to you, so you'll praise Bokuto and you'll let them hear by Kuroo.

That was your third time praising him, Bokuto is a total airhead, so easy to make him feel flattered. Kuroo in the other hand, were starting get pissed off. He's been showing you his best blocks even his fast back attack but you didn't praise him even once.

The Karasuno team finished their penalty - one lap of diving, and is currently resting. Asahi heard your cheering voice and walked towards you, "Y/N-chan." He called.

You looked to where you heard his voice is and smiled, "Another loss?" You asked and pats the empty space beside you.

He nodded his head and sits beside you, "Yeah. That's our sixth for today." He answered and took a sip at his bottle.

You wiped the sweats running down his face with the towel you were holding, "That's fine, at least you'll master the diving in no time." You joked, chuckling a bit.

He chuckled too, "Yeah, I can feel now that I'm getting better at it." He said then looks at the notebook you were holding, "What's that?"

You look at your notebook too, "Oh, this? Just my observations about the other schools."

"Ah, for what? I noticed too that you're not helping Ukai-san with coaching today."

You nodded, "Uhuh, we both agreed that I'll do observations this weekend. I'll try to find and plan another tactic for our team." You answered, leaning your head in his shoulder and starts watching the Fukurodani and Nekoma's game again.

He adjusted his body so you'll get comfortable, "And did you find any?" He asked, now watching the game in front of him too.

You nodded, "Yup, but that is still confidential. Me and my brother still needs to think about it if our team can do it before the Spring Tournament starts."

He understands the situation and nodded his head. He puts an arm around your back and pulled you closer to him.

You looked at him and make face but a blush were creeping up to your face, "You're sweaty, Asahi-kun."