CHAPTER 41

It's your team's third set, and they are going to play with Nekoma. You weren't with them when the game started, and you only watched when they were on the middle of their game.

"How are they doing?" You asked your brother from his back.

He flinched and looks at you angrily, "You scared me!" He whispered-shouted, but he quickly frowned, "Hinata's quick attack were blocked by Nekoma's number 11."

You stand up straight and crossed your arms, "How many times did number 11 failed to block it?"

Keishin stands up too and walked beside you with a crossed arms too, "Just one."

"The heck? He doesn't looked like he's good at playing yet but then he managed to block Hinata in second try." You said, putting a hand under your chin. "Interesting."

"That's no shocking since it's Nekoma. We know how fast they can get used to us." He said, knitting his eyebrows.

"Yeah, but we just need to use some plays that Nekoma cannot handle fast. Also, we should not let their middle blockers get used to our quick attack." You said, eyes were looking back and forth to Nekoma's number 11 and Hinata.

Keishin nodded, "I know, that's why I called for a time out, I told Kageyama to use our lefts more." He said.

"Yeah, we should do that." You said and focused on the match in front of you.

Just then, Nekoma's ace spiked a ball towards your side of the court and Kageyama received it, Daichi was the second one to received it and called Asahi for the last touch.

Just when Asahi jumped for a spike, Hinata was there too for a spike. It was obvious that Hinata wasn't aware that Asahi's beside him for a spike too since he's too focused on the ball.

None of them managed to spike the ball and they collided with each other, sending the smaller player in to the floor with his back hardly.

But Hinata quickly sit up and apologized for what happened, "Sumimasen! I was only looking at the ball! Sumimasen! Are you okay? Sumimasen!"

"MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AROUND YOU, BOKE!" You angrily shouted and pointing him angrily. "Why do you think everyone's calling the ball, baka?!"

Hinata bowed, "Sumimasen, coach!"

You sighed deeply, "I'm pretty sure that Hinata just acted completely on instinct there, but it looked like he's stealing the set from the ace." You thought.

The team seemed to get calmed down after what happened, then Hinata walked to Kageyama with a determine look in his eyes, and got the whole team's attention.

"Hey Kageyama," Hinata called out.

"What?"

"The quick that goes like whoosh, I'll stop closing my eyes." Hinata declared.

Everyone stared at him in shock, even you, but that shock vanished in seconds and got replaced by a smile

I was waiting for this for a long time. Hinata finally realized it.

"Huh?" Kageyama said and his face is darkened.

Hinata tensed at the scary look that Kageyama is giving him. "I can't stay like this," Hinata said. "I can't just keep hitting quicks that are set just for me."

Kageyama cuts him off, "You can't, and that's why we learnt normal quicks. I don't know what's going on with you right now, but if you have something to say, I'll listen to it later." He said and turns his back at Hinata, "But if you're gonna do it now, I'm not going to set to a guy who I know will miss."