CHAPTER 40

Asahi looked at his sides and behind him but you were not with them. He excused himself to the team and walks back to the gym. He heard shoes screeching and sounds of ball getting spiked. He peaked his head to the doors and looked to who were playing after their exhausting practice.

He saw you took steps backwards and run to jump for a high block. His mouth fell open, because he hadn't see you once do that high jump. You did a soft block at Bokuto's spike and the ball's momentum has lessen and Kuroo received it and send it back up high in the air, enough for you to land on your feet and positioned yourself for setting. You quickly went in the middle of the attack line and set the ball to Kuroo's spiking point. Kuroo once again flawlessly spiked the ball you set and landed at your opponent's side of the court with a loud thud.

Asahi saw how wide your smile is after how Kuroo effortlessly spiked the ball you set for him.

Bokuto kneeled in annoyance and told Akaashi not to set for him anymore, that made you and Kuroo crack in laughter. Everytime that your team will get a point, Kuroo will put an arm around your shoulder. He did that again, and guess what? Asahi saw it too.

Asahi knits his eyebrow and curl his fist in anger before storming away to the gym angrily, he didn't even see you pushed Kuroo away from you after that.

You're still laughing at Bokuto's defeated state, "Maybe you're just hungry, Bokuto-san." You said, putting your hands on your waist.

"I suck todaaaay!" He shouted.

Akaashi puts a hand on his senpai's shoulder, "Bokuto-san, let's just continue tomorrow. We're all tired." He reasoned.

"You're doing great, it just happened that I'm not that tired because I'm just wandering around the whole day whilst the three of you played non-stop." You said, going to their side of court and pull Bokuto up in his feet. "So, stop whining because you're still one of the best players that I know."

Bokuto stands whilst staring at you, "You mean that?"

"Yeah. So let's go now, because I'm so hungry~" You said pushing him out of the court. You looked behind you and smiles at Akaashi, which in return bowed at what you did.

The four of you went straight to the canteen and kinda lucky that there are still food that's left for you. Having a meal with them was not boring, Bokuto and Kuroo continue to bicker with each other whilst Akaashi tries to stop them calmly.

You were finally alone. You looked at the wall clock and it's already quarter to twelve. Sighing, you walked towards your shared room with the managers and saw them already sleeping. You silently reach to your bag and pulled out your clothes you're using for sleeping.

You were too lazy to take a bath so you just changed your clothes there, you then pulled out your toothbrush and walks out of the room.

The whole floor is silent meaning the people were already sleeping, or so you thought. You walked past the room where Karasuno boys were sleeping and heard voices coming inside it.

The door is closed and thinking about the time, they should be already sleeping. You put an ear on the door and tried to listen if there's really talking inside, boy you're not wrong, they're still awake. You angrily opened the door and the idiots screamed like a girl. "YO-YOU'LL GIVE US A HEART ATTACK, Y/N-SAN!" Tanaka yelled.

"Why are you still awake? Go to sleep, we have an early day tomorrow!" You said, angry. You then points their captain, who seemed scared at you also, "And you! Why are you not telling them to go to sleep?!"

"I- I did! They're just not listening!" He said.

"Not listening? To you?! Come on, Daichi. You're not lying to me, right?" You asked angrily, dark aura were now starting to grow around you.

"Ne Y/N-san, you're still awake too, so why are you angry at us?" Hinata asked, the team looked at him, shocked that he just asked you the most stupid question ever.

You looked at him, "Huh?" You said, emotionless.

Tanaka and Nishinoya were now shaking in fear, "Hinata! Boke ka, why did you asked her that?!" Tanaka whispered.

You shifted your body and turned around, "Yeah, you're right. Just go to sleep whenever you want." You said, before leaving them and did not bother to close their door.

The captain and the vice-captain gulped, "Is- is she angry?" Sugawara asked Asahi, who seemed not to care to what happened.

Asahi lay on his bed and covered himself, "I don't know, why don't you ask her?" He said with no energy.

...

The sun has risen and you were the first one to woke up. You quickly changed clothes and goes for a jog. You were wearing your club jacket but the sun were too hot so you decided to remove it and the three Karasuno's third-year were shocked that you were just wearing a sleeveless shirt under your jacket. Asahi quickly pushed Daichi and Sugawara away from the window, making sure that they didn't see anything, which he highly doubt.

You knot the jacket around your waist and goes for the jog, unaware of the looks that the boys from the upstairs giving to you.

Suddenly, Daichi and Sugawara starts to stretch their legs, "What are you two doing?" Asahi asked, confused on their sudden action.

"We're going for a jog." Both of them said, then starts walking down the stairs.

"SERIOUSLY GUYS?" Asahi exclaimed.

...

The practice match started again, the five teams were all ready to start their stretches.

"Y/N-san, Ukai-san's asking for you." Hitoka shyly said.

You smiled at her and nodded your head, "Thank you." You said and went to where your brother is, "Nii-chan." You called.

"Oh, Y/N. Here's your notes, I looked into it and we can all use it. We can ask Kiyoko and Hitoka-chan to help us research those." He said, handing you your notebook with the strategies you got from watching these teams.

"Cool." You said, "Anyway, I'm not going to help you again this day."

"That's fine. You can observe other schools today. Also, we'll be leaving at five in the afternoon make sure your things were already packed." He said, sounding like what a big brother does.

"What are you my big brother?" You joked.

"I am your brother!" He exclaimed, not getting that you're just joking.

You laughed, "I'm just joking! I already packed my things, don't worry." You said and chuckled a bit before leaving him.

You walked to a bench, near where the Karasuno team is stretching and sat there. You were giving them a cold shoulder ever since the day started. You know they were scared to death about what happened last night and you will not waste that opportunity, but you were waiting for Asahi, and Asahi only, to approach you.

"Oh, Shimizu-san." You called Kiyoko when she walked past you. She looked at you and you pat the seat beside you. She nod her head and sat beside you, you then shows her your notes, "Can you do a research about this? If you can find any videos that we can use as reference that's much better." You said.

"What are these?" She asked.

"Something that I want our team try. If we want to be in the Nationals' stage, we need something new on our pockets." You said, and then looks at your team, "I know you understand what I'm trying to say, Shimizu-san. We lost to Seijoh with our current power, and I don't want that to happen again."

Kiyoko looks at your team with a smile on her face, she then nodded, "I know."