CHAPTER 09

Kageyama Tobio.

You can feel that he's a thinker and definitely knows what he is doing inside the court.

Once again, you're lost in thought. But your deep thinking was interrupted by a whistle. The match resumed again.

Your team were on the set point, but you don't care about that. You're dying to see that crazy quick again.

"You're lost in thoughts, (Y/N)-san." Nishinoya said when he walked past you.

You just glanced at him.

You really can't focus! You're so eager to see that quick!

The set has ended with your team winning and the two crazy first-years didn't got a chance to repeat their quick attack.

You walk towards your brother with a pout on your face, "That crazy quick was really cool! I want to see it again."

He smirked and pats your shoulder, "They're gonna repeat it again. Don't worry." He assured you.

The next set has started and your team is on lead again.

VB Boys | NB Assoc
0 2

Your mind were still wandering, when suddenly you heard an "AHK!"

Your gaze fell on the lying Hinata on the other side of the court. "What happened?" You asked Yūsuke.

"Huh? Aren't you looking at them? That big guy slammed the ball straight to Peewee's head." He explained.

"EH?! Why didn't I noticed?" You asked, well more likely to yourself.

"I don't know! Ask yourself!" Yūsuke said, hitting your head multiple times.

You crossed your arms and then pouted, "Tch. It's because of that quick! I really want to see that again. It's ruining my play!"

You were busy arguing with yourself and clearly forgot about what's happening around you, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING JEALOUS?" Hinata shouted.

You turned and looked at him. It seems like, Hinata and Kageyama were arguing. Luckly, Daichi was fast enough and stopped them.

Just when you're about to butt in, the gym's door opened. The school's security stands outside, "It's late. I need to lock up the gym." He said.

...

Takeda told the security that he'll lock it himself. Finally, your game resumed again and the position of the other team is their best position for offense with Hinata and Tanaka at the Attack line.

You grinned evily, "Finally, I'm gonna see that quick again." You muttered to yourself.

The place you were standing is good. You were at the Centerline with Asahi and Yūsuke, ready to block the opponents' spikers.

I'll block that quick.

Kageyama looked at you then to the two men beside you, "Ano, my next set will be to him." He said, then he pointed Hinata. You tilted your head, confused on why did he tell you that. "Please block him as best as you can." He continued.

"Tch." You clicked your tongue, gaining the attention of the other players. "You don't have to tell us that, cause I'm definitely going to block your attack." You said, smiling devily at him.

Kageyama smirked at you and you gave him a nod. Both sides took each others challenge.

Kageyama went to his position, his back from the others. "Right now, you're a klutzy shit who happens to be nimble and can jump high. You will never be the breadwinner ace." He blurted out and is referring to Hinata.

Your eyes widened in shock, "Did he just?"

"But, as long as I'm arround, you're the greatest!"

You tilted your head on the side, now getting interested on what Kageyama wants to point out. "Eh?"

"Azumane-san's spikes were so forceful, he can cut through a triple block."

You nodded, agreeing with him.

"How about you? When I set for you, have you ever been stopped by the blockers?" Kageyama finished.

Hinata is just looking at him, dumbfounded.

"Tch!" You clicked your tongue again, gaining Hinata's attention. "Show us what you got, Chibi-chan." You said to him, stretching your arm.

"Ch-chibi..?"

...

It is your team's turn to serve, Makoto is the one who will serve and your eyes were focused only on the Orange-haired boy.

You licked your lips and then grinned, "Not gonna take my eyes off of you."

Makoto served.
Daichi received the ball.
Eyes on Hinata. Hinata.

As part of Hinata's attack, he ran towards Asahi. Of course for the defense, the three of you in the centerline went for a block, when suddenly Hinata turned his body and ran to the other side of the court where there is no blockers.

You quickly followed him but he's one step ahead of you. He jumped and the ball went straight to his palm and then BHAM!

You jumped too late. Hinata already smacked the ball down to the floor. The clicking of your tongue is now much lourder than the other ones you did, indicating that your getting angry or fired up. "Tch. That was a very good faking." You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, repeating the play that Hinata did on your mind, "One step. One more step faster." You mumbled to yourself repeatedly. Your mind is getting restless. You want to touch that ball. No, you definitely want to stop that ball.

Because of that, you didn't heard what just Kageyama said to Hinata. All that you heard is what Tanaka said, "Alright! We're gonna seriously catch up!"

You opened your eyes and glared at him, "Not on my watch." You growled. Tanaka and Hinata shivered.

"TCH!" Again. You clicked your tongue and looked at Hinata, "I'm going to stop it next time." You threatened.

He smiled and nodded. "Try me."