CHAPTER 29

The last bell rang and your adviser called you for a career orientation. Placing your bag at the floor, you sit in the chair that your adviser placed on the other side of the table in front of him.

"So, have you already decided Ukai-san?" Your adviser asked.

"Yes." You aswered.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with your answer?" Your teacher sighed, and face palmed, "Please tell me you're not going to chose that club over your study."

You bowed your head, "Sumimasen, sensei. Please, understand me. Volleyball is my passion. I'm happy with what I'm doing and I don't think it will affect my studies."

"I understand how you feel, but you really should focus on your studies and to be frank, I honestly don't think you have anything to gain by staying on that team."

You looked at him and smiled slightly, "I didn't joined that team because there's something to gain, sensei."

"At times like this, you should be addressing your future rather than your current emotional state, Ukai-san." He said.

"I understand what you were saying, sensei. Please don't think that I'm just doing this because of what happened, because I am not." You answered. You picked up your bag and stood up, "You always say to me that I have this reputation to maintain, you don't have to worry, I won't do anything stupid to let you or this school down." You said and bowed your head. You starts to leave the room but then stopped for a moment, "Before joining that team, I always keep in my mind that the future is uncertain, that's why I studied hard, forgot to do what I really wanted and convinced myself that I'm happy with just that. But after seeing how passionate that team, I started to doubt and ask myself, am I really happy?"

He nodded, "Of course. I understand." He straightened his back and clapped his hands, "Then all I can hope is that you won't regret this choice in the future. You know how eager I am for you to have a great future with your intelligence, Ukai-san." He said, he then smiled at you, "I wish you all the best and don't forget that I'm always here to help you with everything you need."

You smiled. Finally, your adviser let you do what you really wanted. You bowed your head once again, "Arigatou, sensei!"

...

The first-years and second-years with Kiyoko  were all at the gym even though their coach told them to rest.

"Now all we need are the third-years." Nishinoya said.

"But we didn't even have a scheduled practice today." Ennosita said, scratching the back of his head.

Tanaka walked towards him, "Oi, oi, oi! The third-years would never retire!"

Hinata's eyes widened, "Huh? What do you mean? No way!" He said then looks at Kiyoko, "The third-years are staying on the team, right?! E-even, (Y/N)-san! They're taking part in the spring tournament, aren't they?!"

Kiyoko was just looking at him, until they heard couples of feet running towards the gym. They all looked at the other door and watched the three third-years (Suga, Daichi and Asahi) enter the gym.

Kiyoko smiles at Hinata, "Yup, they still are." She said, with the third-year boys behind her.

Tanaka stand beside Hinata, "But- But where's (Y/N)-san?"

Asahi looked down, "Yeah, about that..."

The ambiance suddenly changed, with Asahi's tone, your kouhais thought that you're leaving the team and they don't want that. They still need you.

Tanaka's mouth hanged open, completely stunned.

Nishinoya took a step beside Tanaka and his head is hanging low, "D-don't tell us that-"

But before he can finish his sentence, you entered the gym without them knowing and cut Nishinoya off, "What are you all doing here?! I remembered Nii-chan telling you that there's no practice today!" You yelled.

The second-years and first-years eyes widened and looks behind them.

"(Y-Y/N)-san!" Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata beamed and starts jumping in their place.

"You're still gonna train us, right?" Hinata asked, looking at you with his big and glistening eyes.

Daichi, Suga and Asahi stood in front of you, their teammates copied them and lined up behind them. Daichi bowed his head, "Please continue to train us!" He shouted and the others did the same.

You were shocked. Well you're not expecting this, to be honest. You're so happy that you wanna jump, but you managed to contain your happiness and just smiled at them, "Of course. We're still going to Nationals, right?"

All of them looked up and shouted in delight. "YOSH!"

Well, they all got worried about nothing.

...

You walk outside the gym and dialled your brother's phone, "Nii-chan?"

"Yes? Do you need something? Are you leaving the school? What time do you want to go home?" He asked.

"Geez, can you stop being a worried old man? Also, I don't think I can go home early." You answered.

"Haaa?! Why?"

You smirked, "I think you should check it yourself." You said, you didn't wait for his answer and ended the call.

Keishin doesn't need to ask what was that, because with just your tone, he already knows what you meant.

You went inside the gym again and walk towards Asahi who's trying to tie his hair. You chuckled on how cute he is when he's struggling to do that. You squat down to his eye level and smiled, "Do you need help?"

Asahi blinked his eyes a few times before realizing that your face is too close to his face. He leaned his face away from yours with wide eyes. "(Y-Y/N)-chan, wh-what are you doing!?"

You frowned and tilted your head, "Huh? What am I doing?" You asked, confused on why he's acting like that. You straighten up, still looking at him, "I'm just asking you if you need any help. I can feel your struggle whilst tying your hair."

"B-But your face was too close to mine!" He exclaimed.

"I don't get what you mean." You said, crossing your arms. "You can just tell me that you don't want me to tie your hair, you don't need to act like that."

Asahi stood up and held your arms, "N-No. It's n-not th-that! Please, t-tie my hair..." he said, shyly.

You smiled widely, "Yehey!"