Chapter 40

'A speech'

Y/n's pov

"I can't believe school hasn't been shut off yet." I complained while getting dressed.

It's been 3 days since my encounter with Mina and I have been in pain because of it. I could never express it to Chaeyoung, she would be devastated.

"I know! Apparently they won the case." Chaeyoung said on my bed, fully dressed and ready to go out.

I just finished taking my shower, I had to be quick since it was a last minute thing to go to school. They just announced it yesterday night as well.

"Can't a girl getting shot be an excuse to leave for the day?" I whined and Chaeyoung laughed fixing my shirt in front of me.

"Your arm is getting better. The bandages are gone but the arm sling is not so you better not make it as an excuse." She pointed at my face and I nodded obediently.

"Morning class?" I asked hoping she has that too. Sadly to my demise, she shook her head.

I sighed and we both walked to get out this apartment. Jennie were hitching a ride with Taehyung since she and Lisa still hasn't resolved things over. I know they are both trying but there are too many differences between them.

I forgave Taehyung since he was the one who told me the truth. He never wanted to lie to me especially after what I've been through. Thankfully he thinks of what's best for me, unlike Mina who hadn't even reached out to me for forgiveness.

What did I expect? I pushed her away. The least she could do was stay like that. Away from me. God I am so dense at times.

Then now we get emailed that we have school and an orientation at the field. Many people have left the school and transferred to another where it's far away from here. I wouldn't blame them.

"They weren't kidding when they said students will leave." I said when me and Chaeyoung stepped out. Only a few were heading to the field, some were upset and injured.

"I didn't know many people were shot..." I mumbled and we walked feeling uncomfortable. Or atleast I am.

When we arrived, Sooyoung and Taehyung were on the gates, looking around worried. Did something happened?

"It's awfully quiet isn't it?" Chaeyoung asked when we reached them. Nobody made a noise and just sat down whispering to their side.

"Y/n. You guys are going here?" Taehyung asked suprised by our presence. I frowned and chuckled lightly.

"I go here as well. Come on let's go sit down." I tried to walk past the two but they blocked me and it just arose more suspicion inside me.

"I Think you should go home. Chaeyoung, take her home." Sooyoung said.

Me and Chaeyoung just looked at each other weirdly, wondering what did them like this. I looked behind them and saw no one and just a few students walking and talking.

"What's the matter with you? Did you two have a fall or something?" Chaeyoung asked and I chuckled but they didn't seem amused as we are.