《Chapter 1》

I walked back home after doing ANOTHER one of my part time jobs. I had three already and I couldn't stand adding another. I'm already sleep deprived and I haven't eaten in a long time.

But I had to find another. I need money. Desperately.

We did have some money but of course mum spent it on...those useless people...

Honestly I don't even know why she spends it on them any more. They don't deserve it anyway. We need it more than they do.

I mean we had barely enough to buy food so we didn't even bother to buy clothes. I managed to get some money from....the mafia.

Yes. A mafia.

I use that money to cover for the expenses. Mum doesn't know that I'm a mafia leader. I mean how can I tell her? Imagine going to your mum like "Hey. I'm in a mafia. I'm their leader and I kill people and do illegal acts for money". That'd be weird. Plus my mum would have a heart attack. Shes already been through a lot, so I don't want to pressurise her.

She's been through heart break. Those useless people that she's spending money on caused it. I wish she could forget about them.

I sighed. If only life life could be easier.

I arrived home and came in only to be greeted by sobbing. She's crying again...And its because of them...Has She not gotten over it as yet?

I walked into the room where I heard the sobbing coming from. There she was. She sat on her knees crying. She looked at me with her puffy eyes,red eyes and tear stained cheeks. It really hurts to see her like this...

A memory of her popped into my mind at that moment.

--flashback--

I slept in my bed snuggled up against the blankets. I was having a nice dream but was interrupted by someone shaking me. I groaned.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Come one sweety it's time to wake up." She chirped whilst shaking me. "Im tired.." I say rubbing my sleepy eyes. "It's already 09:30. Come on." She pulled me out from bed and took me to the bathroom.

How can someone be so energetic this early in the morning? I really wonder..

"Brush your teeth and come downstairs when you're done!" She says before leaving. Nahhh I'd rather sleep here. "And don't sleep in the bathroom!" She added to which I have a light groan. She knows me too well. I mean shes my mum. She understands me more than anyone.

After getting ready I go downstairs to have breakfast. Mum stood there making pancakes on a pan. 'What else can you make it on? You head?' my subconscious says sarcastically. I walked over to my mum and sat at the table. I lay my head down.

Man. I feel so tired. But mum is as energetic as ever. She turned around and put some pancakes on my plate. "Now now, no sleeping! Eat your breakfast!" I groaned for like the 10th time already. "We're gonna have some fun today!" She says smiling. "Like what?" I ask clearly not interested. "You'll see." She says winking.

I'm beginning to think that she's a child...

"Alright then." I say and start eating the pancakes. They taste amazing. I love mums cooking.

After eating mum dragged me out of the house and pulled me to a park. We fed the ducks and played tag which I won in. I'm very athletic. But let me just say, mum is really quick for a old person. I struggled to keep up. After that we played hide and seek which my mum suggested. She won. I literally could not find her anywhere. Now we were about to walk home when mum suddenly jumped up like an excited child.

"Lets go buy those! Pleaseee!" She jumped pointing to a nearby ice cream truck.

She gave me puppy dog eyes and I sighed. "Fine. But just one.  I say sternly and she instantly beamed smiling. "Yayyy!! Let's go!" She yelled happily whilst pulling my arm and running to the ice cream truck excitedly. I couldn't help but smile. She's so excited. Like a child. She's always like this but it makes me happy.

I don't regret going with her. I'm enjoying myself.

--end of flashback--

I wish she could go back to her cheerful self again. The same one that pulled me around and dragged me everywhere. The same one who smiles and laughs like a child.

But here she is,crying.

I hugged her tightly as she cried on my shoulder. "It's okay mum. It's okay. I'm here for you." J say but that didn't reassure her because she kept crying and shaking violently.

Me being here isn't gonna assure you? I sighed "Dont worry. They don't hate you." She finally stops and looks at me. "Really?" She asks with hope in her eyes.

These people don't deserve your love..

Why can't you see that?

"Really." I say giving her a smile. "You should call them tomorrow."

I wanna kill the pm so much right now. But I can't. Mum wants them.

What reason do they have to hate her? For giving them love?

"You should eat something. Crying must've made you hungry." I say after remembering that it was supper time. "I brought some for you. Here." I say handing her a brown packet that contained a burger and some fries in it.

She smiled at me and took it. She placed it on the table and emptied the contents. "You remembered that I loved burger!" She exclaimed after pulling the container out. "Yeah. You use to keep talking about how "perfect" it is." I say air quoting 'perfect'

"That's because it is!" She argues. "Alright alright." I say surrendering. We are like best friends arguing with each other and I love it.

"You should eat it before it gets cold." I say. She nods and opens it and starts eating.

Authors Note

Hey guys! It's the author of this book here! Sorry for not introducing myself in the first chapter. (Face palms) Me being the forgetful person I am forgot.

Anyway, My name is Laaiqah and I'm the author. You cnpan call me anonymous or laaiq86 though. Hope you enjoy this book. I'm not good at writing so please forgive me for any errors. Feel free to point it out though!

Also, don't copy my book because I'm working very hard for this and it all comes from my imagination.

Thanks for reading this book even though it's so terrible. Really appreciated. Hope you enjoy it!

Love you guys! ❤

xxxxxxx

♡♡♡