《Chapter 28》

Vanessa's p.o.v

I scanned the crowd and saw my as*hole brothers there, with smirks on their faces. This made my annoyed since I knew why they came. They obviously want me to humiliate myself.

I looked at the crowd and saw Ashton standing there with a smile. He mouthed 'I know you can do it! Just do your best!". This was enough to warm my heart.

I looked back at Jasmine and Isabella who gave me encouraging smiles.

At least now I have people who care about me. Even if it isn't my own brothers. They still gave me love and supported me. I'll be grateful for that.

I tested the microphone and once I knew it started working, I spoke with a firm tone which held authority.

"I'm sure you already know who I am. If you don't, I'm Vanessa and these are my friends. Jasmine and Isabella. Today we'll be performing for y'all." I say, indicating to Jasmin and Isabella. They wave and i look back at the crowd.

"Just so you know, I don't care what you think about pur performance. In fact, I don't give a shit. We'll play how we wanna play and if you don't like it then say it now and leave." I say with a slight glare.

I could see everyone stiffen and there was complete silence with no movement at all.

Perfect!

Ashton's p.o.v

When Vanessa said that, I could see everyone stiffen due to fear. That glare she gave made everyone, including me, shiver.

No wonder she's in a mafia...

She sure is scary..

I wonder what she'll sing?

Maybe a more badass kind of song?

Vanessa's p.o.v

I know exactly what song I'll play.

I'm gonna play mums favourite song. The skbg she always played when that b*stard left her and when my as*hole brothers hated her.

Why? Because that song is the sing that expresses mums suffering the most. It related to her slightly. Maybe not fully but it always made her more heart broken than she already was.

I'll sing it and express it.

I'll show my as*hole brothers. I'll prove them wrong.

Third person p.o.v

There was utmost silence and Vanessa took a deep breath. She then placed her slender fingers delicately on the piano and started playing a soft yet sad tune.

This stunned everyone to silence.

"Could she really be that gentle?" They thought.

Vanessa then began singing in a soft voice that no one thought she would have.

(For those of you who want the lyrics! )

Every on listened with their jaws dropped. Vanessa's voice wasn't loud and cruel but it sounded heart broken and sad.

Everyone felt the same emotion...