Connal meets your ex

You were picking flowers from your garden you had started growing a few months ago. You were now 7 months pregnant and always felt hungry. While you were picking a few roses you heard a twig snap. Your head shot up to the large patch of trees in front of you. Another twig snapped but this time it was closer. I began to shake with fear and then asked in a shaky voice "who are you". Then you hear something collapse which scared away the birds that were around you. You slowly stood up and walked to the spot where you heard the twids snapping. You pushed a few pushes out of your way and looked down and saw a man lying on his stomach. You ran over to him and began to try to see what was wrong. You looked down at the man's side and saw that there was a large bloody gash that looked like it came from a sword. You scream for Connal and he came flying faster than ever. He asked "what's wrong? Is the baby coming". Then he looked at the man and said "let's take him to the cave". Connal picked up the man and you both walked back to your cave.

Night time

You sat next to the man who was lying in you and Connal's nest. The man had black hair, green eyes, light brown skin, he wore a torn red shirt and black pants. Connal asked "do you know this man". You turned to Connal and said "yes". Connal sat next to you and asked "how do you know this man". You sighed and said "his name is Leo, before you met me in the barn me and Leo were together. We lived in a small space in the attic of a library. When we were caught living there, the people at the library were going to stone us. I manage to escape getting stoned but not Leo. He told me to run as he got stoned and I did". You felt tears build in your eyes and you said "I should have stay to protect him". Connal rapped his arms around you and said "it's ok, he wanted to protect you. He cared more about your safety than his own"."You know y/n it's not your fault" you heard Leo say. You turned to Leo and smiled then said "i'm glad your ok". Leo smiled and said "well not really. I'm still in a little pain". Connal asked "what happened to you". Leo said "I was in another kingdom gathering food for my wife and daughter. I saw that some men were pushing around this elderly man and I went over to try and help. One of the men pulled out a knife and stabbed me in my side. I manage to make it into the moors but then a blacked out and woke up here". Leo then turned to Connal and said "y/n is a good woman, make sure you take care of her". Connal smiled and said "that's why i married her and i'll always take care of her". After a while you and Connal helped Leo back to his home and Ulstead and after meeting and chatting with his family you and Connal went back home.