Chapter 41: Accepted

Kyla's.

When life exhausts you, it will bring you to the verge of giving up. Until you are on the brink of the cliff and you have nothing to hold on to. You'll just let yourself fall and wonder where it will lead you.

Death or survival?

Is your life really worth ending? Just like that? After all the days of fighting, you'll just end it like that? Get your justice first. Do not let your days of mourning be gone to waste. Make sure to get the happiness you deserve at the end.

We will experience sufferings but happiness will come along too. It's not always pain. Let's learn to wait for sunny days in the middle of heavy rain.

"Are you feeling better now?" I asked when she opened her eyes after an hour of losing her consciousness.

Mabuti na lang at naidala ko agad si Cheska dito sa hospital bago siya tuluyang nawalan ng dugo. Naagapan pa.

Tinawagan ko agad ang aking driver at pinapunta sa apartment. Mabilis siyang nakarating kaya dumiretso agad kami sa malapit na hospital.

Her face looks pale pero nang nalunasan na siya, unti-unti nang bumabalik ang kulay ng kaniyang balat. Hindi na rin ganoon kaputla ang labi niya ngayon.

I sighed as I stared at her cuts. "I hope you won't do it again," I muttered.

I feel relieved that I have saved a life. Paano kung hindi ko agad nabasa ang message niya? Paano kung hindi agad ako nakarating? I don't want to think about the possibilities but I can't help it. Maybe this is God's way to save her life and He used me as His instrument to save someone else's.

She smiled faintly. "Thank you," her voice is almost a whisper. "Maybe I'm still worth saving."

I sigh. "Akala ko ba aalis ka na at magsisimula ng bagong buhay? So, nakipagkita ka lang sa'kin kanina para mag-paalam kasi…" napa-iling ako, ayaw ng ituloy ang sasabihin.

"What I meant about my message is that, I am going to another life," ngumiti pa rin siya.

Gosh, why didn't I notice it? She is giving me signs earlier and I remained oblivious about it!

Well, I was shocked about the revelation that she got pregnant and got into abortion, kaya hindi ko napansin ang mga signs na ibinigay niya kanina.

"Okay, so, napatigil ko ang alis mo. Ano na balak mo ngayon?"

"Take my own life again?"

Hindi ko napigilan ang mapa-irap. "You were being saved, don't waste it."

Natigilan siya ng ilang sandali. "Wala naman akong ibang pupuntahan, Kyla. I have no one. Fiona and Lyka left me. Raymond…" she paused.

Nakatayo lamang ako sa harap niya nang piliin kong umupo na lang rin sa kama niya dahil nakaka-ngalay. At gusto ko rin makinig sa kwento niya. Maliban sa alam kong gusto niya ng kausap at pagsasabihan, gusto ko rin maki-chismis.

"Raymond harassed me."

"What?!" naibulalas ko at napatayo ulit.

"I'm so stupid, right?"

"No," I held my head annoyingly and messed my hair. "Fuck that asshole!"

Umiling-iling siya. "It was also my fault. I became so desperate that she took advantage of me."

"Ches. Being desperate because you truly like him doesn't mean he can take advantage of you. Wala kang kasalanan dito. Nagmahal ka lang," I fisted my knuckles. "I'll make sure he'll rot in prison where he truly belongs."