Epilogue

Kyla's.

Our dreams will never be out of reach if we do something today to achieve them. Whatever we decide today will contribute to our success in the future. I was once an impulsive girl who decides quickly without thinking thoroughly about it. I was also once a daughter who didn't get to decide my own future. My dad used to control my life but here I am, an already independent lady who knows what she wants in life.

And, I upgraded from a College student who knows what she wants in life into an official flight attendant who already got what she wants in life.

Walking in the aisle of an airplane, attending with the passengers' needs and travelling to different places, I knew that this is where I am meant to be.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Kylalaine Gomez, your flight attendant for today. Our flight to the Philippines from Australia will take six hours and twelve minutes. Thank you," I announced and put down the microphone.

I walked in the middle of the aisle again to make sure that the passengers followed the safety precautions before take-off. I plastered a smile on my face, this is one of the things I mustered after all these years to make sure that the passengers are comfortable with me. I won't let them regret that they chose our airline, giving them a smile of assurance will somehow relieve their nervousness during the flight. Marami na rin akong na-encounter na nerbyosang pasahero at masaya akong makatulong na naiwawala ko ang kaba nila sa eroplano.

This has been my job for years now, when I graduated from College, I applied for this job immediately. A lot of things happened and changed, it was hard to enumerate them one by one.

Hindi naging mabilis ang panahon at hindi rin naging madali ang proseso kung paano ako nakarating sa kinatatayuan ko ngayon. All I can say is that I'm proud with what I have achieved for the past years. Maraming beses na ginusto kong sumuko, masiyadong mababa ang tingin ng mga tao basta flight attendant ka, tingin din nila na hindi mahirap abutin ang ganitong pangarap. I was affected but I didn't let their words stay in my head and rent it for free. No way.

This is my dream and I won't let their opinions matter. I have already got my father's permission about this dream profession of mine and my mom supports me. Sa kanila lang ang importante.

Hindi rin madali ang pag-aaral ng Tourism, kinailangan naming kabisaduhin ang mapa ng mundo. If they can memorize all the places in the world and each continents of it, then maybe I'll allow them to belittle me.

Criticisms are really part of reaching our dreams but come to think of it, this is a small challenge, a small rock in our journey. Kung bibigyan nating oras ang pagpuna sa maliliit o malalaking bato ng kritisismo, matatagalan bago tayo makarating sa'ting paroroonan.

There are also times where I'll miss Aleign's presence... not just hers but Jake's too. Pakiramdam ko bumalik ako sa pagiging Junior High School at hindi na naman ako naging pala-kaibigan. I wasn't really the approachable one so I am grateful to be able to meet my two friends during College when I took the Tourism course.

Remember the time when two girls approached me in the café and asked if they can take a picture with me? Well, surprisingly, we became blockmates.

I was on 2nd year College and they were still on 1st year pero dahil irregular ako, naging kaklase ko sila sa ibang subjects. But, they didn't made me feel like I was not part of their group. They were the first one to approach me. Inamin ng isa na girl crush niya ako. She expressed her admiration towards me and I find her cute and bubbly. Naging magaan ang pakiramdam ko sa kanila kaya madalas na sa kanila ako sumasama lalo na kapag niyayaya ako.

They remind me of Aleign's bubbly personality. Kinasanayan na rin nila pati ang pag-irap ko but they were also the first one to remind me that I should stop doing that mannerism of mine and practice smiling, instead. It's really hard at first since I have a resting bitch face but I slowly practiced to make my face looked warm and comforting.