Chapter 50: Goodbye

This is the last chapter of My Ideal Guy, the second book in the Love Series. The next update will be Epilogue, please wait for it. And always remember that your ideal guy must also give you an ideal love, not the one that will give you less of what you deserve. I hope this story gave you lessons and inspirations about life, love, passion and friendship. See you at the Epilogue!

---

Kyla’s.

Tumagal ang pananatili namin sa airport dahil ayaw pa sanang umalis ni Jake pero tinatawag na ang flight nila. Kanina pa kami magkatabi at magka-hawak ng kamay. Kanina pa rin naka-dantay ang ulo niya sa balikat ko. I just let him because I want to savour this moment by his side.... after we part ways and God knows when we’ll see each other again.

Maybe in the future where we have already achieved our dreams.

Maybe in the future where we have already met the best version of ourselves.

It doesn’t matter to me on how long it will take as long as we’ll see each other again.

“Jake, let’s go,” anyaya ulit ni Tita Minerva.

They’ll go with Jake but unlike him, he’ll stay in Australia for good. While, his parents will be back in the Philippines because no one will handle the Cambridge Academy here. Napag-alaman ko rin noong founding anniversary ng Cambridge Academy na sila pala ang may-ari ng school at hindi lamang sopistikadang principal si Tita Minerva.

It’s also shocking on my part to find out that Kylie’s mother is the owner of Cambridge Academy in Australia campus kung saan mag-aaral si Jake ngayon. Quick history check, Tita Minerva and Kylie's mom are the owners of Cambridge Academy but it was originally from their older sister, Carmen, who unfortunately passed away because of cancer. Kaya ang mama na ni Kylie ang namamahala sa Cambridge Academy sa Australia samantalang  kay Tita Minerva ang sa Pilipinas.

Back to the original story, Jake needed to study in Australia, the reason of his departure today. He really wants to make his parents proud and I can see that he is willing to do everything for them. Even though, Tita Minerva already assured him that he has done enough, Jake still wants the best for himself and that is to finish his College. Dahil sa drug incident niya, hindi na siya nakapagtuloy sa College. His parents can pull some strings but according to him, he is tired of someone doing the work for him.

Given the fact that the cafe wasn’t originally his because it was originally established by Sir Alex.

He graduated from high school by his parents’ connection even though he only finished two years from high school.

He then realized that now’s the time to do something for himself. He will graduate from College in Australia. Aside from that, he will also work as a part-time student or a student assistant for Kylie’s mother who is the CEO of the school in Australia campus.

I couldn't disagree with his decision, aside from it is what's best for him, who am I to disagree with what he wants to do in his life?

This is the first time that he decided for himself without anyone controlling him or telling him what to do. This is also his way from freeing himself from the past.

Alam ko rin ang pakiramdam na ikaw na ang gumagawa ng desisyon para sa sarili mo. I also want to give him that kind of satisfaction. I am only the girl he loves and I hold a special place in his heart but there’s a line between us which I shouldn’t cross -- it is by meddling with his decisions in life even though he makes me a part of it.

Whatever he decides that will be the best for his self-growth, I am only here to support and guide him. Always. Regardless of our distance.

He held my left hand where my promise ring was placed in the middle of my finger. “Why didn’t you put in on your ring finger?” he asked, playing with my ring.