Chapter 12: I Can't Help It That I Don't Remember You!

***Miranda's P.O.V.***

Today is the day that I finally get out of the hospital. Jai was gonna be here soon.. I decided to gather all of my things and get ready for his arrival. When the clock hit 12, Jai walked in. "Hey, ready to go?" He asked as he got my bag for me. "Yeah." When then walked out of the hospital and got in his car. "So what's the plan for today?" I asked. "Well, I was thinking we can go to my place, I have a lot of stuff that I want to show you." He said as he started the car and drove. When we got to his house I noticed no one was home. "Where is your family?" I asked as I stepped inside his house. "Well my mom is still at work, and my grandparents are furniture shopping." I just nodded my head. This place looked so familiar.. But I just can't seem to remember what this place was, or what it meant to me. "Come on, I need to show you something." He said as he grabbed my hand and lead me up stairs. There's that tingly feeling again. As I walked into his room, I saw a bunch of pictures on his bed. There were pictures of us.. I was holding a picture of my and Jai. He was kissing my cheek and I was smiling and blushing. I want to remember, but I just can't seem to remember.. "Wow... I look... Happy.." I said smiling at the picture. Jai took a step closer to me. "Do you remember anything yet?" He asked. I looked down and shook my head no. He sighed. "Miranda, what's the last thing you remember?" I started to think.. "I'm not sure actually..." "You have to remember me some how.. You met me before you met the gang." I honestly don't know how I remember the gang and not Jai. "Jai, I don't know." "Well.. your doctor did say that love is so strong in the head, that it can be forgotten.." Jai said looking down. I walked up to Jai. "Jai.. I want to remember... I really do.. but I can't.. I'm really trying." I said giving him a sorrow look. "I know.. it's not your fault..." He mumbled. "Umm.. Tahlia said that she wants us to come over later, wanna go now?" Jai asked changing the subject. "Sure, lets go." The drive to Tahlia's was silent. I felt bad for not remembering what Jai and I had together.. but I couldn't help it. I didn't plan on losing my memory or something. When we got to Tahlia's house, we walked inside together. Everyone was just in the living room talking. "Hey guys!" Tahlia said coming up to us. "Come on! We were just about to play truth or dare." She grabbed my hand and dragged me with her. I just sat on the floor. Jai sat next to me, then this other dude sat on the other side of me. He was gorgeous! "Hi. I don't believe we've met." I said looking at him. "We've met before, but I heard you lost your memory so.. I'm Jake. It's nice to meet you.. again." We both laughed. He was really cute! I looked over at Jai.. he seemed hurt.. "Jai, you okay?" I asked. He just nodded. "Alright guy lets begin!" Tahlia said as she spinned the bottle. It landed on Jai first. "Jai, truth or dare?" Tahlia asked. "Umm.. truth." "Is it true that you lost your dummy when you were 3?!" Jai chuckled. "Yes, it's true!" Everyone laughed. It was Jake's turn to spin the bottle. It landed on me. "Miranda, truth or dare?" He asked. "Dare." I simply said. Jake scooted closer to me. "I dare you to kiss me." He said. I looked at the group. They were looking at Jai. Jai was just looking down. "A dare is a dare." Ethan said shrugging. I then leaned in and kissed Jake. I'll admit, he was a good kisser, but I didn't really feel anything. We then started to make out.. I then heard someone get up and leave. When I released from the kiss, I heard the door slam shut. I noticed Jai was gone. I then got up and ran after him. "Jai?" I called out. "What?" I heard from behind a tree. "Jai.. what's wrong?" I asked walking up to him. He looked at me like I was stupid. "What's wrong?! Miranda, you just kissed another guy in front of me! What did you think I would be okay with it?!" He shouted. "Jai, you're not my boyfriend okay? I can do whatever I want! I can't help it that I don't remember you!" I yelled. We were both silent. "Jai.. I think we need some time to ourselves.. you know? Just stay away from each other for a while." I said looking down. "Miranda please don't do this to me again! I love you.. Don't do this!" He said taking my hands into his. "Jai I..." I wanted to say 'I love you' back but.. I just couldn't. I felt a tear go down my face. "I need to go." I took my hands out of his and started to walk, but Jai stopped me. "Miranda, let me at least take you home. It's dark and you don't know where you're going.. please let me just give you a ride." He pleaded. He was right, I didn't know where I was going.. so I nodded my head and go in his car. The drive was silent. He then made a phone call. "Sophia, it's Jai. Can you please come get Miranda in the lobby in about 10 minutes please?" It sounded like I was staying in a hotel. "Alright thank you." He then hung up his phone. We then pulled up to the beautiful hotel. "Well.. this is you." Jai said not looking at me. "Thanks for the ride." I was about to open the door when I stopped myself. "Jai?" He looked at me. "I hope that I remember you soon.. I feel like you mean something to me.." He half smiled. He then leaned over and kissed my cheek. I felt that tingly feeling again. "I'll see you around Miranda." I just nodded and got out of the car.

***Jai's P.O.V.***

When I got home, no one was home. There was a note on the table. 'Jai, I'm out with some friends and your grandparents are staying in a hotel. I'll be home soon -Mama bear. xxxx' I sighed and decided to go for a walk. All I kept thinking about was Miranda and Jake's kiss... I wish she kissed me tonight... "Jai, is that you?" A voice said behind me. I turned around to see Ashley Harrison. "Ashley? Is that you?" I said walking up to her. "Yeah! How are you? I haven't seen you for almost 2 years." Ashley seemed nice. "Yeah, what happened to you?" I asked. "I decided to leave CPAHS. Too much drama.. plus, I thought it would change me. I've been nicer and just really friendly now a days." I smiled. "Well good for you Ashley." She smiled. "May I walk with you?" She asked. "Sure." I said. We both then started walking. And that was the start of something new.

A/N: Okay so.. I literally cried today at school because I found out that Jai and Maddi go out! I have problems..... But they're cute together! Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Sorry that it took so long. My internet has been down all day. Please keep reading! Love you all! xxxx