That would be enough

So I was watching hamilton and I thought what if in this song Pepper was Eliza, Tony was Alexander, and i guess Steve or Fury would be General Washington. And his son is obviously Peter. And Tony's obviously not broke.

And in case you didnt know Eliza in hamilton was not 1 month pregnant because u have to be about 12 weeks (2.5 months) pregnant before you start showing the little baby bump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

The avengers were currently away on a mission in rome. They had been away for almost 3 months trying to finish up the last of Hydra. It was dangerous and it was like a war zone.

They also had a small break. They had either captured or killled most of the Hydra agents, and 90% of the ones they captured had some fail safe to kill themselves. The remaining agents were trying to think of a strategy to win.

Nick Fury had called Tony and told him to go home after getting a letter from Pepper. It took some convinving but Tony had flown home to his newly rebuilt house in Malibu. He had relocated Pepper there once this whole thing started so she would be safe.

When Tony came in the house he was slightly agitated. "Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now." Pepper said. "How long have you known?" Tony demanded. "A month or so." Pepper said.

"Pepper, you should have told me." Tony said. "I wrote to Fury a month ago." Pepper started. "No." Tony said. "I begged him to send you home." Pepper said. "You should have told me." Tony said.

"I'm not sorry. You knew you'd fight until the war was won. The war's not done, but you deserve a chance to meet your son. Look around, look at how lucky we are to be alive right now." Pepper said.

"Will you relish being an ex-playboy's wife? Unable to provide for your life?" Tony asked. "I relish being your wife." Pepper said.

"Look around, look at where you are. Look at where you started. The fact that you're alive is a miracle. Just stay alive, that would be enough." Pepper said. She led him to the window that gave them a view of Malibu.

"And if this child shares a fraction of your smile or a fragment of your mind, look out world. That would be enough." Tony chuckled at his wifes statement knowing it was true. "Look Tony, I don't pretend to know the challenges you're facing. The worlds you keep erasing and creating in your mind."

"But I'm not afraid. I know who I married. So long as you come home at the end of the day
That would be enough." Tony smiled at his wife and at her stomach.

"We don't need a legacy." Pepper said. "We don't need money." "But we have it." Tony cut in. Pepper smiled at him. "If I could grant you peace of mind. If you could let me inside your heart."

"Oh, let me be a part of the narrative in the story they will write someday. Let this moment be the first chapter where you decide to stay." Pepper said. "And I could be enough. And we could be enough. That would be enough." 

Tony looked Pepper deep in her eyes. "You are enough."

Yeah I added a bit to the end there.

No I did not deter from the song.

No I did not add extra context.

But I do like the idea of this and I hope you did as well.

:)