⤷ 14| MOONY, WORMTAIL, PADFOOT AND PRONGS

chapter fourteen : moony, wormtail, padfoot and prongs

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper had already stormed out of Remus' chambers before her mind aknowledged what this meant.

Harry, Hermione and Ron were in danger. Sirius Black must've found a way to get to Harry and was probably about to kill him. What Remus was doing in all of it, she didn't know. Or she didn't want to know. If Remus was there, there would be two options; he protected Harry or he was helping Sirius Black. June hoped that it would be the former.

The black haired girl ran onto the grounds, her robes flying behind her. However, June stopped abruptly upon seeing Professor Snape striding over towards the Whomping Willow. He kneeled in front of it and picked something off from the ground.

It was Harry's Invisibility Cloak.

Professor Snape then seized a branch, prodded a knot that made the Willow freeze, and vanished from view as he put on the cloak.

Juniper waited for a couple of minutes, wanting to make sure he really was gone, before running up to the Willow herself, taking the branch and prodding the knot before slipping into the dark hole under the tree.

"Lumos," she whispered and the end of her wand lit up. June followed the tunnel until she could see a patch of dim light through a small opening. She edged forwards and saw a room. A very disordered, dusty room. Paper was peeling from the walls; there were stains all over the floor: every piece of furniture was broken as though somebody had smashed it. The windows were all boarded-up.

Juniper pulled herself out of the hole. The room was deserted, but a door to her right stood open, leading to a shadowy hallway. From above her, she could hear voices.

As quiet as she could, she crept out into the hall and up the crumbling staircase. Everything was covered in a thick layer of dust except the floor, where a wide, shiny stripe had been made by something being dragged upstairs.

She reached the dark landing.

"Nox," she whispered and the light at the end of her wand went out.

Only one door was open and several voices were heard.

"I've told the Headmaster again and again that you've been helping your old friend Black into the castle, Lupin, and here's the proof. Not even I dreamed you would have the nerve to use this old place as your hideout —" came Professor Snape's voice.

"Severus, you're making a mistake," Remus said urgently. "You haven't heard everything — I can explain — Sirius is not here to kill Harry —"

June tilted her head. He's not?

"Two more for Azkaban tonight," Snape said, his eyes now gleaming fanatically. "I shall be interested to see how Dumbledore takes this . . . he was quite convinced you were harmless, you know, Lupin . . . a tame werewolf . . ."