-1-

^thumbnailBarry sat in the cortex, his mood not being

^thumbnail
Barry sat in the cortex, his mood not being... the brightest it could be. His fiancee had called off his wedding a year ago and he promised himself he'd wait for her. But now... all it ever seemed like he did was wait. Wait for Iris West specifically. He hadn't seen Iris in a while but at some point, when he passed Jitters for coffee earlier in the day, he spotted Iris kissing another man. He didn't get a good view of the man but her actions were enough to tell him that she had moved on and it was pointless for him to keep waiting and that's what brought him to STAR labs. No one was there so Barry was alone in his thoughts while he threw a small plastic ball at the wall and constantly caught it.

His mind had then wandered to the other person who had her heart broken too. The one person he was stuck in a musical with. Kara Danvers. A lot of time had passed since he last saw the bubbly Kryptonian. They both related to each other so much and at that time, they had never felt so close. They didn't know what it was but there was something pulling them towards each other. They were both each others source of comfort after their little... relationship problems. How was she doing now? It had been a year, she must be happy by now, right?

His thoughts were interrupted by a beeping sound in the cortex. No one was around except him and he had only noticed the beeping just now but it was a short period of time the noise went off so something told him that he was too late. He must have blocked out the noise during his train of thoughts.

"For fucks sakes, It's too early for this shit" Barry mumbled.

"Erm, language." Someone laughed, flying into the room.

"Kara?" Barry asked, perking up at the familiar blondes voice.

"Hey Barr!" She said before flying into his arms, wrapping him in a long, overdue embrace.

"Hey, how are you? What are you doing here!" Barry asked, hugging his superfriend back. Kara then pulled away.

"Oh, can't a girl just visit her superfriend?" Kara awkwardly laughed.

"Of course they can however, you live another 37 earths away and you have a responsibility as a superhero so that is not normal behaviour for you Ms Danvers"

"Okay fine. But how about we catch up for a bit?" Kara asked, changing the subject slightly. This raised Barry's suspicions but he decided Kara would tell him later so he had time to catch up.

"Yea sure, Jitters?" Barry asked.

"No, can we actually just stay here?" Kara asked, taking a seat in STAR labs' technical support man's swivel chair.

"Yea sure" Barry said before running out of the building, running back within a flash leaving a mug of hot chocolate in Kara's hand.

"Sweet!" Kara smiled as she began to lick the whipped cream.

"So, how have you been?" Barry asked.

"Oh you know, the usual." Kara smiled.

"I mean, nothing can get that bad considering I had my own doppelgänger trying to kill me." Kara laughed, remembering one of the scariest moments she had faced on this earth.