F A I L E D

Lex's Pov

It's the last task. They've been in the maze for about half an hour. Dumbledore looks worried. I'm looking at everyone's reactions. They just look bored. Everyone starts cheering and I whip my head around to look for Cedric. I start to cheer when I see somethings wrong. His chest isn't moving? No, he's just breathing slowly. But Potter's crying.

Oh my god, Cedric's eyes are glazed over. "NO" I scream and hop over everyone. I sprint towards his body and pick it up, expecting him to just be stunned or something. "CEDRIC" I yell. I stroke his hair. "It's okay, you can open your eyes. No Cedric, you aren't dead. You're supposed to stay with me", i sob. I try to shake him. "Ced, please", I try.

"That's my boy! That's my son", Mr Diggory yells. He sobs as he falls onto his knees . I look over at him helplessly. I lean my head over his and sob. It feels like time has stopped. Someone rubs my shoulder but I shake them off. "Lex", Fred says gently. Someone pulls Cedrics body out of my arms. Sobbing, I run to the one place i can think of.

The Astronomy Tower.

Draco's Pov

I'm the last person she wants to see, but something doesn't sit right with me. I silently follow her. I figured she'd be going to her dorm or even Diggory's, but both are in the opposite direction. She flies through the tower door. No. I hope I can make it in time to the bottom.

Cedric's Pov

There's one thing I didn't tell Lex: I'm immortal. The spell only paralyzed me. I tried to talk to Lex as she cried over me, but I couldn't. Oh god, she better not do anything stupid.

Lex's Pov

I have nothing left. The love of my life is dead. He's never coming back. He's never coming back. I look up at the sky. "Why did you have to leave me", I sob hopelessly. I'm a mess, sitting on the floor. An idea comes into my head.

So be it.

I get up and put on foot on the bottom railing. Then my next foot on the top railing. I balance on the top, and then close my eyes and fall backwards. He died with his eyes open. I open my eyes. This is nice, I think. Just when I think I've slammed onto the ground, I realize that the ground doesn't feel like this. It's someone panting. Holding me. I didn't notice that my eyes shut at the last second. I pry my eyes open, and a pair of gray eyes stare at me. No. I failed. The sobs really get me this time. "I'm sorry", he says over and over. I cling onto Draco like a lifejacket. "No", I choke out. "No no no". I can feel him rest his chin on my head. "It's not your turn to die, Lex. You haven't truly lived", he tells me.

He holds me for the rest of the night in the same position.

(Should I change this chapter cause idk man as soon as I get an idea I run with it)