M I N D T R I C K S

Lex's Pov

Much to Pansy's dislike, Draco and I sit as far away from her as possible. She comes over and tries to weave her arms around Draco. He grabs her hands and takes them off of him before nodding to Blaise, who grabs her and pulls her back into her seat. She glares at me throughout dinner.

I escape to my dorm as soon as possible. A couple minutes later someone knocks on my door. I open it to see draco smiling with two cups of hot chocolate in his hands. I let him in and he hands me one. He sits in front of the fire, and I lean back onto him.

He drops his arm over my lower body. We sit in a comfortable silence as we drain our drinks. He finally gets up and pulls me up before tugging me into bed.

He hums softly while I'm in his arms.

Draco's Pov

I gently shake her awake. "Cmon, we have potions", I tell her. Lex groans but rolls over the side of the bed. I go to my dorm and ten minutes later we're walking out of the common room.

Oh great. We're doing boggarts again. I make my way to the back of the line. Everyone's biggest fear is so incredibly stupid. Spiders, clowns. Soon it's Lex's turn. The blood drains from my face as her boggart takes form. Her biggest fear turns into..... oh my god.

Me. With a bottle of firewhiskey in my hands.

Lex's Pov

No no no. No. No. Stop.

I knew this was my biggest fear but I tried not to focus on it. Well, that didn't work. I turn around to see Draco, looking at the boggart with him jaw basically on the floor. He looks at me with the most regret I've ever seen in his eyes.

"Next!" Snape yells after changing the boggart. I guess he's done with me.

Draco steps up, and then a minute later falls onto the ground. I start to walk closer but Snape raises a hand. "His biggest fear is something he must face in his mind", he states calmly.

So I'll wait. I plop next to him on the floor and hold his hand.