D E S P E R A T I O N

Lex's Pov

It's been three days. I'm throwing everything in my trunk because of course I procrastinated. I can hear footsteps behind me, and I raise my arm to swing. Draco catches my fist, laughing. I lower my arm, smiling. He envelopes me in a hug. "See you later, Lex", he whispers before leaving. I heave my trunk up and drag it down to the train.

"Hey", Fred greets as he grabs my trunk. "Ready?" He asks. I nod. Fred and George have agreed to let me figure out my love life by myself. Well not entirely since they like to butt in anyways. I'm staying at the burrow with them because they begged me nonstop since the beginning of the year.

So here we go.

                                     ~~~

I got the letter a few weeks ago. My sister is dead.

Lex

It's Draco. I'm sorry about your sister. Are you not coming back to hogwarts this year?

~Draco

Lex

It's Draco again. Please talk to me. Send me something. Anything.

Lex

Lex?

Lex

It's been five months.

Lex

*three months later*

I'm coming over.

Draco's Pov

When I get to the burrow, Molly looks at me desperately. She smacks my arm. "Why didn't you come sooner?" She hisses at me. "I figured she needed time", I say quietly. "EIGHT MONTHS", she yells at me. "Get your dumbass in there and help Lex".

I jog into the house, checking all the rooms until I find her. She's hidden under the blanket, curled in a ball. I pull the blanket down and pick her up. It looks like she just showered. Her face is thinner. She looks way too skinny. "Fuck. Oh my god", I gasp.

I wrap my arms around her and she clings onto me. Her legs go around my torso, and she sobs into my shoulder. I carry her into the kitchen where Fred looks at me desperately. Molly comes in carrying a giant plate of food. Slowly, Lex eats it all.

And for the next month, she slowly gains weight. I take her for a walk twice a day and I force her to get out of bed. This process earns me a lot of dirty looks from her, but she looks better.

One day, she finally says something. "Thank you", she croaks. She looks amazing compared to the first day when I got here.

A few more days pass and she slowly starts to get into conversations with everyone, who throws themselves in to keep her talking. By the end of the summer, she's ready to get out of the house.

I ask if she wants to stay with me for the summer before our sixth year. She says yes.