C E D R I C S L E T T E R

Cedric's Pov

I tap the quill against my paper. What do I even write?

Dear Lex,

How are things going with you? Have you found someone special? Tell me about everything going on with you. How you feel, what are your plans for the year. I wish I could be there with you. Living like this gets pretty tiresome. But don't worry about me.

I pause.

How's Draco? He better be treating you right.

Not much is going on with me. I'm still on the run but they've lost me for a bit. I wish I could tell you more. Lex, i hope you're happy. I love you Lex.

P.S. Maybe I could drop by soon for a visit. I'll come see you if I know it's 100% safe.

Cedric

I seal it then tie it to the owl. I smile as I watch the owl fly away quickly.

Lex's Pov

In my dorm, Cedric's owl is waiting. I run over and open it. I sit there and think of a reply.

Cedric,

It's.... complicated over here. I wish I could tell you everything. I'll tell you what I can, though.

After my sister died, Draco came to the burrow. He was worried since I missed fifth year. He found me at my worst. I spent the summer at the manor, and things changed.

I know what you're thinking. "He hasn't changed". But when we were doing boggarts, his was hurting me again. But in the process I've changed. I don't think I love him anymore. I don't know what to do.

I miss you Ced. If you can come, don't hesitate.

I crumble it up and throw it away. He doesn't need to hear about my problems.

Cedric,

I miss you. If you can come, don't hesitate. I wish I could tell you more, but some things can't be said in a letter.

Things are changing at Hogwarts. It'd be better for you to come sooner then later. That's something I can't risk telling you in case someone else gets ahold of this.

Lex

And I sent it away.

Lex