G L A S S

Draco's Pov

I feel my body drop to the floor. But I'm looking around in the room. There's no one except for Lex. And... me? I'm watching the scene play out. The room spins and transforms until I'm not in the class anymore, I'm in my dorm.

The version of me is yelling. Lex is flinched against the wall. I can make out my mouth saying words but I can't hear. Every word I yell at her makes her flinch more into the wall.

That version of me gets fed up with arguing and smashes the bottle against the headboard, leaving a shard of glass in my hand. No.

This happened before.

I try to run forward as the other me struts towards Lex and lifts her head up.

I can see how my eyes are looking at her crazily. They can't even focus. Then he pins her arm to the wall and slowly drags the glass against her arm.

No. It's like I'm running in place. The only thing I can hear is her crying from the pain. And her screams as I continue.

I gave her that scar.

I collapse on the ground and try to stop watching as the scene plays over and over right in front of me.

Repeating.

I shut my eyes and start to hum over her screams.

Then, I'm suddenly standing and there's something in my hand.

No.

I'm stuck inside the younger version of myself. I can't stop the motions my body is doing as it smashes the bottle. Drags it across her arm. I try to stop myself. Causing her this pain.

Over. And over. And over. I want to cry, but what I want doesn't apply here.

Lex's Pov

Tears pour down his face and the worst sobs I've ever heard come from his mouth. Whatever he's dealing with is a thousand times worse than a stupid spider or snake.

The class leaves. After three hours, Snape takes us to the hospital wing. He orders Ms pomfrey to force Draco out of his mind.

Draco's Pov

Torture. I've been doing this over and over, and it's tearing me apart inside. Each time I cut her, it's like a knife through the heart.

Then I can feel something trying to pull me back.

My Lex is waiting for me.

Something clicks on my head. I break out of the cycle. "No", I say. I pull my arm away from hers and plunge the glass into my arm. I gasp as I pop back up. "Draco", she says relieved. I throw my arms around her. "I'm so sorry Lex", I sob into her hair. She rubs my back. "I'm sorry about the scar. I'm sorry I was such an ass. I'm sorry I was abusive. I should've treated you right", I choke out.

She pulls out of my arms and holds my face with both hands. She kisses my forehead. "This is your chance to make it right", she tells me. "I gave you a second chance because I forgive you. All you have to do is let the best parts of you show".

She grabs my hand. "Now, let's go get you something to eat.