T A L K

Lex's Pov

We practiced until the sun went down, Draco leaving hurriedly. "I shouldn't have been gone that long", is all he said.

"Bye", I murmured.

He enveloped me in a tight hug. "Bye Lex".

Fred was leaning against the doorframe.

"Can we talk?" He said.

"About?"

"I- I don't know how to start this", he breathed.

"I know you love him, and I know you love me. I just think that neither of us understand any of this relationship, really. He's your first love, im your best friend who loves you. But the thing is, you don't even understand any of your feelings. I think I'm gonna leave you alone, and let you figure it out. Just remember, no matter what lex, you'll always be my best friend, as I'm yours. I'll always love you, and whatever you choose, I'll 100% support. I just want you to- to be happy", he rushed out quickly and sighed.

"I'm sorry it has to be like this, Fred, I really am. I just, have so much on my mind right now, and I know that's not an excuse, but I can't handle anything more. I think I need a while to figure it out", I said. I struggled to find the right words.

"Just don't decide when it's too late".

When it's too late.

This war is inevitable.

I'm ready to end this bullshit.

Draco's Pov

"Are you trying to brown nose me?" Bellatrix snapped.

"You never said I couldn't go to her", I point out.

"Oh child, you really push my limits", she sighed.

"You can't keep me away from her", I mumble.

My aunt stared at me for a minute. "What?" I sighed. "You really love her, don't you?" She laughed.

"Maybe", I muttered.

"Come".

I followed her to the room she's been staying in. She rummaged through her dresser, pulling out a tiny box. "I don't know how this war will end. But if you both make it out alive, then do what you want with it. Engagement, promise, gift, whatever you want. It's been passed through the family forever and I can't think of a better use for it".

I look up from the ring, looking up at her.

No fucking way.

"Are you.....crying?" I asked.

A tear slid down her face. She latched onto my wrist, pulling me into a hug.

"I'm not heartless, you know. No matter what happens, just know that I'll always love you", she whispered.

I finally wrapped an arm around her.

"I- I love you too. Aunty".