B R E A T H L E S S

Lex's Pov

I start to regain consciousness. As I opened my eyes tiredly, I saw Fred's smiling face. I guess I fell asleep on him. He gently pulls me up and hands me a mug. Hot chocolate.

"This is amazing, thank you", I tell him as I drink half the cup. I look over at George, who's leaning over a piece of paper. By the looks of it, it's the map that shows where everyone is. He grins at something and quietly dashes down the stairs. I run over to the map and think of Draco.

It shows him at the manor. I follow George's lead down the stairs. "Morning", I hear him drawl. Ginny runs past me blushing. I know he didn't just catch Ginny and Harry.

I make eye contact with George and he slightly shakes his head as he laughs.

Molly rushes me over to the table and piles food on my plate. "FRED", she yells. "GET DOWN HERE AND EAT WITH LEX", she shouts. He zooms down the stairs and falls into the seat next to me, grinning as his mouth is full of eggs already. I laugh and shake my head. He clears his plate in .002 seconds and sits with me.

"What's the plan for today?" He asks. I slowly pick at my food, not making eye contact with him. "Ummm, I was thinking of going to the Malfoy manor to see how things are going over there", I say quietly. "You're risking your life to check on Draco", he says flatly. I nod.

He sighs. "Fine then", he grumbles and gets up.

Fine then. I drop my cleaned plate into the dish rack a couple minutes later and walk over to the fireplace, grabbing some floo powder.

Draco's Pov

Someone eases their way into my room. "Get the fuck out", I growl. Why can't Lucius ever leave me alone?

I can hear the footsteps coming. Someone small lifts up my comforter and snuggles into my arms. I know this body like the back of my hand. "Lex", I murmur. She gently kisses my jawline and rests her head on my chest.

I finally sit up. "How'd you get here?" I question. "Floo powder", she says. "I had to come see you", she adds. "Couldn't get enough of our goodbye?" I chuckle softly.

She giggles. "I just had to make sure you were doing okay". My face drops. "You can't be here", I realize. "Voldemort is coming soon. You need to leave". I don't want her to. She nods. "Send me a letter when it's safe for me to come back", she says as she gets up. I scramble over the bed and grab her wrist. I pull her down on top of me and kiss her while tangling a hand in her hair and putting my other on her waist. We break away, breathless. "I had to do that before you left. I don't know how long it'll be before you can come", i panted. She nods.

"Goodbye for now ferret boy", she teases. Oh god, I haven't heard that in a while. Nastolgia hits me like a truck. "Bye", I whisper.

And then she's gone.