C A S U A L T I E S

Lex's Pov

I feel his arms scooping me out of bed. "I can walk you know", I mumble while yawning.

"Why not be dramatic and show everyone downstairs that we're not fighting?" He laughs.

"Fair enough".

I wrap and arm around his neck while he carries me bridal style.

"Hmph", Molly says from the doorway.

"Nice job Freddie", Georgie grins.

"Well, glad to see you two not fighting", Ginny says. Fred sits me next to her and I pick at my plate. I get an idea and start to eat faster.

Once the plate is clear I get up to take the plate to the sink but my legs buckle. I try to play it off by sitting down, but I missed the chair and fell on the floor.

Heads turn towards me. "I tripped", I lie.

"Over nothing?" Ginny asks knowingly.

"Oh Freddie!" George sings.

Fred's face flushes.

"Cmon brother, you did that to her, so help her up", George taunts.

George cackles as Fred picks me up and guides me to the sink.

"I'm gonna go outside", I mutter. I hold onto the wall with one hand and try to get out quickly. I walk out a little past the tree and lay down onto the ground, surrounded by flowers.

I close my eyes and think.

The war is obviously coming. As soon as we get a sign, we have to fight. I don't want anyone to die. A tear runs down my face as I think about my friends dying.

Draco.

Fred.

George.

Cedric.

Harry. Hermione. Molly. Ron. Luna. Pansy. Bill. Charlie.

I start to hyperventilate, each name causing a tear to slide down my face. I lean against the tree and slap a hand over my chest, trying to catch my breathe and calm down.

"Hey, what's wrong? It's okay", Fred says as he leans behind me and slumps down next to me. He wraps an arm around me and cradles me.

"It's stupid", I gasp out.

"Tell me".

"I don't want to lose anyone in the war".

"Oh. Lex.......".

"And I know I am! I can feel it. I can feel something is gonna happen".

"Hey, hey". He cupped my face. "I promise, nothing is going to happen to me. I promise. I'm sure that there will be a lot of..... casualties. But I promise I won't be one of them".

He watched me as I curled into his lap and hugged his torso.

"I hope not".