C H E M I S T R Y

Harry's Pov

I wake up to see Lex unconscious and strung over the desk chair. I nudge her and she hops up. She looks around dazed before locking eyes with me. She rushes out that Hedwig is out sending a letter to a friend who might be able to help us. "I was going to go on vacation but now I'm staying to help you", she says.

I shake my head. "You don't have to-" she cuts me off. "Yes I do. You need me. I'm smart and I know what I'm doing. I'll stay out of your way. Tell me to do something and I'll do it". She rattles off some more reasons. "Okay", I tell her. She smiles. "But you didn't listen when I told you to stay last night", I point out. "It would've been a dumb move to stay", she shoots back. Fair point.

She walks out. "Where are you going?!" I yell. "I'll be back soon", she said as she tried to avoid the question.

Okay?

Lex's Pov

I go to my dorm to pack a small bag when someone in the corner makes me jump. When I see who it is I jump into his arms. "I missed you so much Lex", Cedric murmurs.

He sits us down onto the bed and I tell him the whole story. To Draco to Harry to the deatheaters to my sister. "I'm a vampire", he blurts out. "No way", I gasp. "Ced please turn me".

He gives me a skeeved look. "Did I hear that right?" He says. "Yes. I was going to focus on myself this year but with all this stuff happening, I have to stay here. Please Ced, this will help me so much", I plead.

He thinks for a minute but shakes his head. "You don't want this", he tells me. "I do-" he cuts me off. "Yeah you'd be immortal but think of the lust for blood. Think of how many people you'd hurt. You'd be the same age for an eternity. My final answer is no. I'm sorry", he says.

I slump down. Well I can give that plan up. "As for who you pick, I can't help you. I see how your face lights up when you speak of Draco. You guys have flaws, but there's still chemistry there. Harry, he'd treat you right. I can hear your heartbeat speed up when you speak of him. The choice is something you know and trust, and then there's the risk of taking a leap and going for someone new. Or you could always go for the other team", he chuckles.

"Who would've thought that my ex would give me dating advice", I mumble. He laughs and opens his arms, which I dive into. He darts under my bed. "Harry's coming", he hissed.

I popped up and got my bag. Harry burst in. "Hermione and Ron are coming with us", he says. "Where?" I ask.

"We're going to find the things that can help us kill Voldemort", he tells me.

No. Way.