H O P E

Harry's Pov

I see her laying in the field and my heart speeds up. What the bloody hell was that?

Everything in my body is telling me to go talk to her. I make my way around the groups of people on the field and sit next to her quietly. "It's Lex, right?" I ask.

"What the f-" she says as she bolts up. She sighs... in relief? "Yeah, I'm Lex", she says. "And I don't think I know your name", she deadpans. I laugh.

She looks down into her lap. I can tell she's worried by the way she keeps tucking her hair behind her ear and biting her lip.

I wish I was biting her lip.

She looks at me. "What?" She says.

Oh no, did I say that out loud? "Nothing", I stutter as I get up. "Um I gotta go", I say and bolt. Someone grabs my shoulder in the hallway. "I know you don't like Lex", Ron says excitedly.

"I don't know. I think I do, but she's already spoken for". Ron rolls his eyes. "Isn't it obvious? She went back to Malfoy because she seeks comfort in him. The only time she's ever looked worried like that is when something is wrong between them. But I'm pretty sure he hasn't hit her since I don't see any marks or bruise".

I snap my head towards Ron's direction. "What do you mean marks and bruises?" I snap.

"He's abusive. I thought they were done like last year but something must've happened" he shrugged. "She shouldn't be with him", I say angrily.

"By the way she's sitting by herself, I think she's starting to understand that", Ron says before walking away.

I don't think Ron realizes how much hope that gives me.