A little Wicked II

"Her halo broke" Don says, "carved the broken halves into horns."

It had been a week since the Shelby brothers came to visit and had been staying at the country house. Everything was different, the brothers had made a new bond with Don, it wasn't the same but it was close. They could talk and laugh but there was only a little trust between them. After the accusation of betrayal, yourself and Don never forgotten the words spoken to you from your 'family.'

Now Don sits on the wall of the grounds with John watching you and Ada dance with Karl. The evening was cold yet your laugh and present made the evening crisp melt. Michael sat with Arthur laughing about drunken stories from when Arthur, John and Tommy were young. Tommy sat on one of the benches, cap and blazer off, cigar in hand, posture slouched, he watched with a small smile his sister dance with her son and yourself. Polly sat next to him laughing whenever Karl would step on Ada's toes.

"What ?" John asks, his eyes now off you and looking at Don.

"When we arrived she ordered three men to do a task of finding the gang that wanted the information on Alfie, they found them and brought a weak man, bloody and bruised, y/n sent him off with a message, a dinner date at the country home, y/n killed the whole gang in one night" Don explains, he watches you smile and laugh but he knew it was all a cover, seeing the Shelby's again made you think of a home that wasn't in Scotland.

"She will always be an angel" John smiles sadly.

"She hasn't found her demon yet."

___

The night went on and Don's words echoed in John's mind 'she hasn't found her demon yet'.

John sat in his room, bigger than his whole upstairs, the bed considerably larger, the pillows softer, the blanket thicker. The walls stood tall and the chandelier was bright, white with golden patterned furniture, a wardrobe, a chest of draws and a desk each in a corner of the room. Everything was perfect yet he could sleep, hadn't slept since you left his side but he was near you, could feel your presence and that was enough he didn't want to loose you twice. 

"Lets go for a walk" John mumbled getting off the foot of his bed and walking out of his room. 

You stood outside looking over the pond, seeing the smallest of oranges and yellows as the fish swim around. The cold air nipping at your bare legs, the blue silk night dress hung loosely on your body down to your mid-thigh. A white silk rode that wasn't the warmest but stopped the cold wind hit your arms. You hair blew gently with the wind, your mind thinking of everything yet nothing. Overthinking was your talent, always overthinking every situation. You take a deep breath closing your eyes for a few seconds.

"Same idea ?" A voice pulls you out of you thoughts, turning around to see John stood there with a smile on his face. His shirts loosely tucked into his grey trousers, buttoned down, sleeves folded to his elbows, hands tucked into his pockets. You smiled softly turning back to face the pond. 

"I guess so" you say.

John walks next to you over looking the pond, his arm brushing against yours, both of you feeling the similar spark you did the years ago.   

"You did well" John says, "the house was you dream, I always remember you wanting a big house three kids, big garden." 

"Dreams change turn into nightmares when you can't find another person you wanted to spend your life with" you reply. 

"I tried" John says turning his body to yours but you kept your eye on the pond not wanting to meet his, feeling like you would crumble under his eyes.