⤷ 02| THE BURROW

chapter two : the Burrow

☆ ☆ ☆

"Thank Molly for allowing you to stay," Andromeda told Juniper as she handed the black haired girl her jacket. "And have a great year, dear."

"Thanks, Meda, and I will."

"If you send us the dates of your Quidditch matches, we shall go and watch you play, Captain," Ted said, smiling, as he handed her her Captain badge.

"That would be great," June replied, grinning.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Junior," Nymphadora said, ruffling her black hair.

June smiled and dragged her trunk behind her towards the fireplace.

"Don't forget your broom," Ted said, handing her Nimbus Two Thousand to her.

"Thanks."

Juniper took some Floo Powder, gave her family a last smile, before saying, "The Burrow!" and throwing the powder at her feet. Green flames surrounded her and the living room of the Burrow appeared.

When June stepped out of the fireplace, her foot stuck behind her trunk, making her lose her balance. However, before she touched the ground, a pair of strong arms caught her.

June's hazel eyes darted up towards her savior and was surprised to see it was Charlie. In ways, he looked different than she remembered him. Better, she had to admit. His hair had grown, it reached his shoulders now, but June thought it suited him well.

"I thought Tonks was the clumsiest person I know," he said, his blue eyes sparkling in amusement. One thing that hadn't changed.

"I guess it runs in the family," Juniper replied, smiling, trying to stay cool at the fact that her former crush was holding her.

Charlie helped Juniper back onto her feet. "I almost didn't recognize you."

"It's been a while," June agreed, nodding while dusting her pants off.

They stared at each other for a couple of seconds, before June snapped out of it and reached for her trunk. Looking at Charlie still gave her a racing heart.

"Here, let me help you," Charlie said, taking her trunk. "Mom told me you'd be sharing a room with Ginny and Hermione so I hope you're okay with that?"

"Sure," June said, as they climbed the stairs to the first-floor.

"Gin, June is here," Charlie said, knocking on her door.