⤷ 04| IT'S TIMOTHÉE, NOT TIMOTHY

chapter four : it's Timothée, not Timothy

☆ ☆ ☆

It was still dark outside when Molly woke the girls up the next morning.

"Time to go, June, dear," she whispered, moving away to wake Hermione and Ginny.

June groaned as she sat up.

"S'time already?" Ginny said groggily.

They dressed in silence, too sleepy to talk, then, yawning and stretching, the three of them headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Molly was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Arthur was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. Harry, Ron, Fred and George were all looking as if they'd just rolled out of bed, which they probably had.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Arthur said.

"Walk?" Harry repeated. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," Arthur said, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attaching Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup —"

"George!" Molly said sharply, and they all jumped.

"What?" George said, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody. June frowned at this.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Molly pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Molly's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" Molly said furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

It was an unpleasant scene; the twins had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible, and it was only by using her Summoning Charm that Molly managed to find them all.

"Accio! Accio! Accio!" she shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sort of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred jeans.

"We spend six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother, as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months!" she shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"