20 | The Grandchild of my Past Lover

Renjun sat in class, being had to be paired up with the annoying brats. Of course, Renjun hasn't felt love in like over 50 years of his life. What makes you think he could again? Well, that could change. He's already moved on. But not just yet. 

Renjun sat on the balcony of his condo, just enjoying his homemade snack and drink. He needed a break after dealing with Jeno and Jaemin all day, and all the school work. 

The two were doing their own homework, as Renjun needed to use his tablet to check on the love thermometer

The two were doing their own homework, as Renjun needed to use his tablet to check on the love thermometer. It's very low. He needs to fill it up to 100%. He needs to get some couples together. 

-

"We should start something new," Renjun announced the next day in the club room. 

"Like what?" Jaemin questioned. 

"Something that has to do with love," Renjun said with a smile. 

"Not all true loves, are true loves," Chenle quoted.

"Yes, but there aren't many couples in this school, right?" Renjun said.

"Well yeah," Jeno said.

"Guess, we need to play Cupid," Renjun announced, winking at them. "We need to get these people more closely, but we can't shove them off the cliff that quickly."

"The fuck does that mean?" Jeno asked.

"Don't worry about it, he does that a lot," Donghyuck said. Renjun smiled, he took some time to think. "Should we start: Rent a Cupid?" Renjun asked.

"What?" Chenle asked. Renjun nodded, he already knows what he's doing. "You know, someone requests for some help for love, they kinda have to pay us. Funds would go to our clubs, we will need it to host for Valentine's day." Renjun explained. 

"Damn, I might like this idea," Jaemin commented. Renjun smiled at him. It wasn't his first time in this human world. Then, a phone call.

"Sorry, let me pick this up," Renjun said. 

"Hello?" Renjun answered.

"Are you my grandfather's past lover?" a young voice said.

"Who's this?" Renjun asked.

"His grandchild," the young voice said. Renjun bit the bottom of his lip and hesitated. "Yes, why?" Renjun asked.

"He collapsed, and we are scared he might pass soon," the young voice said, Renjun dropped his phone. "Uh, y-you guys are dismissed... I have to be somewhere," Renjun said, picking up his phone again, he grabbed his things and ran out.

Jeno tried to go after him, but Donghyuck stopped him. 

"Don't go after him. Not this time," Donghyuck said, Chenle blocked the door. 

"Why not?" Jaemin asked.

"Can't tell. Anyway, just let him go. He's fine," Donghyuck said.

-

"Where is Room 119?" Renjun asked the desk lady.

"What's your relationship with the patient?" she asked.

"Oh, there you are," Renjun look to the voice. The boy put his arm around Renjun, pretending to be lovers.

"He's my boyfriend, we wanted to check on my grandpa, thanks," the boy said. They walked off together, then he let him go. 

"So, you were the one who my grandpa talks a lot about... You don't look like your age do you?" he chuckled. "Uh, yea, still an 18-year old with a broken heart," Renjun said. "He told you?" 

"Yeah, grandpa trusted me," he said.

"What's your name?" Renjun asked.

"Liu Yang Yang," He said.

"Huang Renjun, nice to meet you," Renjun said with a smile. Yang Yang smiled at him, it's the youngest cousin, the one who's the same age as Renjun. 

They went into the room, fortunately, he was alright. But, Renjun could see his soul is worn out, he might pass soon. Renjun spent the afternoon, having a nice conversation with the old man, helping him around.